converting a 2.3 into a 2.6

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by bigdizzle87, Feb 22, 2009.

1. bigdizzle87 macrumors newbie

the question is i have a pro 17' with a 2.3 ghz processor. ive been looking to getting a new logic board. the thing is that i want to get the 2.6 ghz one. the thing is i have no idea if the 2.3 and 2.6 are compatible with each other. they seem to be from what i see on the pictures given to me.

so the question is it they are compatible or not?

2. kastenbrust macrumors 68030

kastenbrust

3. MagicWok macrumors 6502a

You're going to install the logic board yourself?? :confused: How much is this going to cost, surely it will be more cost-effective and easy to buy a refurb MBP?

But techically, there should be no difference, just a different cpu soldered in. Though might not be the case.

4. Moriarty macrumors 6502

If you're talking about the 2.66GHz Unibody logic board... no way. Ports are in different locations, different physical layout... no, it just can't happen.

If you must have the new MBP, sell your old one and buy a new one.

5. ayeying macrumors 601

ayeying

I think he's talking about the 2.6GHz model with the classic MBP.

6. MagicWok macrumors 6502a

Urgh... Well I would presume, as ayeing said, that he would be sticking with the same generation MBP, and hence logic board.

Though I still don't see the point, as it's a lot of cash and effort for not much gain, and if the OP is thinking of putting the unibody logic board into a pre-uni MBP, well then that's just plain silly lol :rolleyes: