Converting DVD to mp4 (Handbrake), what am I doing wrong?

Discussion in 'Digital Video' started by chrono1081, Jun 2, 2011.

1. chrono1081 macrumors 604

chrono1081

Hi guys,

I'm trying to convert my IT Crowd dvd's to mp4 to put them in my iTunes and it was my understanding that since its a TV show, the video is interlaced and to use the detelecine or decomb filters in handbrake to get rid of the lines.

I've used the Apple TV2 preset, and first tried detelecine (default setting) and I also tried decomb (default setting). Detelecine did a better job since the picture looked less blurry but there are still plenty of lines. Does anyone have any suggestions?

2. ohsnap macrumors regular

There is an option for deinterlace which itself has 4 settings, fast to slow. Where it says decomb you have to slide the slider to the right and it will then say deinterlace.

3. Soura2112 macrumors 6502

My way

My way may be slow but it works (or my way is the only way?, not really sure cause it's the only way I tried).

I copy each episode, so you choose the chapter, 1 being episode 1, etc. Then after that's in .mpv file or whatever you want choose episode 2 by scrolling down the chapters, and do the same for all episodes.
    Just remember to rename the title. When I did the season of 24 I own I had 24.1, 24.2, etc. You can name it anything you want. The title will be where it saves it, and just adjust the name.
    If you don't change the name you will keep deleting the previous episode.

I hope this is what your talking about. If it's the format, update your handbreak then on the right you can choose "Apple TV", IPad, iPhone, etc.

So 2 answers to 2 different problems...

4. chrono1081 thread starter macrumors 604

chrono1081

Thank you both for the responses. I haven't had a chance to re-rip them yet (busy with school work :/) but I will try again soon :)