Converting DVDs for itunes with handbrake

Discussion in 'Apple TV and Home Theater' started by mattitude360, Feb 23, 2009.

1. mattitude360 macrumors newbie

Hey guys,

currently in the process or ripping all my dvds into itunes so i can watch them on my macbook in quicktime or itunes or stream across to my Apple TV.

What i have done so far is rip all my dvds to .iso files so i can just place all the files in a Q and leave the computer running.

Before i go ahead and start converting all these .iso files, im going to use the apple tv legacy preset is that ok? for streaming to apple tv and watching on my macbook, i may even want some movies on my iphone but the apple tv and macbook are more important.

second is i have done some tests on the presets and i have compared the quality, i find the dvd quality to be darker and more colorful than the converted version done in handbrake, is this normal? or can i change it, it looks a bit washed out so to speak.

Thanks

2. srl7741 macrumors 68020

srl7741

I would consider using the Universal Pre-set. I find it works well and allows you to use the files with everything. iPhone, Blackberry, iPod etc.

Be sure to update your presets if you have not done so.

Attached Files: