Converting Email From Vista To Mac

Discussion in 'iMac' started by dgemus, Sep 14, 2008.

1. dgemus macrumors newbie

Can someone PLEASE!!! tell me if there's a way to transfer my Windows Mail from Vista over to my brand new iMac?!?!?! I've been searching all over the place. I have over 1400 email that I need to bring over...don't have the time to start forwarding one by one....there must be a way! I've found a couple different softwares but they all seem to be for Outlook and older versions..nothing for Vista's Mail program...any help or links would be GREATLY appreciated.

2. belunos macrumors member

convert outlook express to mac mail

Copy/paste that into a google search. AFAIK there is no 'Vista mail', so you're probably looking for outlook express

3. hughvane macrumors 6502

hughvane

Outlook2Mac
    http://www.littlemachines.com/

This is the easiest way to do it.

4. fajita macrumors newbie

There is a program that comes with Vista known as Windows Mail, it is not the same as outlook express.

I found this thread while searching for a solution to the same problem as the original poster.

And the best answer I have found is to export from the Windows Mail to thunderbird then take the thunderbird files and import them into Mac Mail.

--Fajita

5. cleetusvandamm macrumors member

ditto..i went from XP with Outlook 2003 and htis little 10 buck program worked flawlessly