Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

RobbySkateboard

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jul 3, 2010
I just got an ipod classic 7th gen 160gb that I mainly plan on leaving in my glovebox so I can have mass amounts of music, but I don't have 160gb worth of music so I thought I would put some of my favorite tv shows on it and watch those via my in dash navigation system when I'm parked waiting for a class to start or whatever. All of my tv shows on my computer are in mp4 format which is supported, but they're too high of quality (I'm assuming) so won't save to the ipod. I used to use videora ipod converter back in like middle school and it seems like I used to be able to convert an entire folder at once, but now I can only figure out how to do individual files at a time and I'm not about to do that. I have a large harddrive on my computer so I made a new folder called "ipod videos" and copied all of my favorite tv shows to there so that I have two files of the same thing. My hope is that I can just convert all of that folder to a lower res ipod friendly format that will just replace the version that's in there (since I already have an hd copy elsewhere). Is there an easy way to do this?

BrettApple

macrumors 65816
Apr 3, 2010
Heart of the midwest
I've always used Handbrake to convert videos to just about anything.

It has a preset for the ipod (all 5-7th gen) and It can do batch processing. Which is rather new to it.
http://www.osomac.com/2013/08/08/handbrake-adds-real-batch-processing/

I'd give that a shot first.

pdaholic

macrumors 68000
Jun 22, 2011
Handbreak with handbreak batch converter. Super easy and batch converts like you want. I once converted about 120 videos in a single sitting.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.