Converting From Money to Quicken for Mac

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by Siron, Mar 13, 2010.

1. Siron macrumors 6502

Siron

Sorry if this has been addresses before but I am looking for responses from individuals with personal experience.
    I have been using Money for many years and was quite happy with it. After MS threw in the towel I decided that it was time to stop firing up Parallels ever time I wanted to make a payment (and even though I upgraded to the latest version of Parallels it's still painfully slow even on my Mac Pro -- but that's another story).
    I called up Intuit and they let me download a full version of Quicken 2010 for the PC totally free. I fired it up and after clicking on Import Money File it converted all my accounts seamlessly. After setting up my bank login and passwords, downloading the latest information, and adjusting the starting balances to ensure that the ending balance agreed with the online balance, everything is fine.
    Now the question. My bank only supports Quicken for Mac 2007 so I will be purchasing this version. Can anyone let me know if the conversion from Quicken for PC 2010 to Quicken for Mac 2007 is as seamless as from Money? Also is the interface similar to the PC version or will I have a new learning curve?
    Thanks

2. pokeyjoe macrumors newbie

I know of no issues with banks in using Quicken 2010 (Essentials) for Mac. If you called the bank and got this information, then they haven't checked out 2010 and don't know what else to say.

3. vlj9r macrumors member

4. MacDawg macrumors P6

MacDawg

I have not tried it myself, but I understand there are significant issues trying to migrate from a PC version of Quicken to a Mac version

In addition, the Mac version(s) of Quicken are not nearly as robust as the PC versions

5. rldunn macrumors member

I had used MS Money for around 15 years and just converted to the new Quicken Essentials for Mac a few weekends ago, and it was very smooth with the QEM convert tool. Sounds almost exactly like your experience converting to the PC Quicken 2007.

6. namibia macrumors newbie

Money to Quicken Essentials?

What Money did you convert to Quicken from?