converting from windows media file to touch

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by madz, Dec 28, 2007.

1. madz macrumors newbie

Guys can anyone recommend a program that will convert a video file I can play in windows media player to the touch??

thanks

2. djstarrock macrumors 6502a

djstarrock

3. no-direction macrumors member

I second that - iSquint is what I use!

4. madz thread starter macrumors newbie

Thanks for the info. Sorry I should have said its for a windows PC, also does anyone know if the bbc iplayer files can be converted to the touch? Ive tried a few programs that seem to convert things ok but when trying to convert any downloaded iplayer files that are in WMV format it crashes the programs.

5. pulsewidth947 macrumors 65816

pulsewidth947

Thats because they contain DRM which means they are impossible to convert. Incidentally, this is why the iPlayer hasn't arrived on Mac or Linux yet. Only a web based player which doesn't really work properly.

6. madz thread starter macrumors newbie

Thanks, why is it when you think you've solved a problem :mad:

hey looks like I'm stuck with the rubbish shows on itunes:mad:

7. djstarrock macrumors 6502a

djstarrock

8. madz thread starter macrumors newbie

Im about to order a imac 24" for media etc from home but how would this solve my problem of recording TV shows from the uk the ones I want to watch not the limited itunes content or having to search through websites for downloads etc.

Ive tried the videora program for saving a DVD to mpeg but found the quality not very good when viewing on the touch, maybe I need to play around with the settings??

Im hoping when I get the mac it will make the DVD to Itouch conversion a little easier and quicker but my ideal would be to get any tv program I want onto the touch. The only solution I've come up with is to record from my sky+ onto DVD then from DVD through something like videora then onto touch. A little long winded but?? Any other suggestions or tips for when I get my mac would be great.:D

9. djstarrock macrumors 6502a

djstarrock

You can use HandBrake for dvd to video format its got a setting for iPod touch which works great. It works great plus its for Windows too :D.

10. madz thread starter macrumors newbie