Converting keynotes to powerpoints

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by v66jack, May 20, 2009.

1. v66jack macrumors 6502a

v66jack

Hey i've got to have a presentation done for tomorrow and only have mac's at my house now! However I will be doing the presentation on a PC with powerpoint! When you save as a powerpoint are there certain things which don't convert like changing a 2007 to older versions of MS Office??

Thanks, it could be a bit embarrassing if it doesn't all convert!!:D

2. Scottyk9 macrumors 6502a

Do you have animations?
    Do you have to use powerpoint?

If no to the above, suggest exporting as a pdf. Then open in adobe reader full screen. This will preserve everything.

If you export to ppt, sometimes there are font changes etc. - would be prudent to review in windows ppt prior to presenting.

3. v66jack thread starter macrumors 6502a

v66jack

yeah i know but with no MS Office about its a problem!! Thanks I think that I'll save to powerpoint and hope for the best! I'll save a PDF as-well - just in case! Thanks mate! :D

4. alphaod macrumors Core

alphaod

You also save it as a QuickTime movie; that ensures you still retain your transitions and all you do is skip chapters to move onto the next slide.

5. nastebu macrumors 6502

I second the Quicktime recomendation. That is how I do it anyway. The only trick is ensuring that Quicktime is installed on the PC.

6. upinflames900 macrumors 6502a

upinflames900

Do you know what is on the computer you are going to be using?

Some computers (especially if it is from a college or high school) won't allow you to load programs. If they don't have quicktime that could be a real problem, make sure you have PDF just in case. Also if you try to save it in PPT format, make sure you get the right year version because Microsoft is notorious for making new versions that are not compatible. I wish Apple would make a Keynote viewer like Microsoft has for PowerPoint!

7. v66jack thread starter macrumors 6502a

v66jack

ah thanks! I didn't know you could export as a quicktime!! Do you do it through print like a PDF or how??

8. nastebu macrumors 6502

Use the "share" menu. Quicktime is an option.