Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Peter658

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Feb 14, 2010
I've created a number of videos using iMovie (.mov extension) that I now want to create .swf versions of.

Can anyone recommend any software (free or paid) that can help me with this task.

There seems to be plenty of choice if you search on Google, but I tend to go by recommendation if possible.

Thanks,

Peter

chrismacguy

macrumors 68000
Feb 13, 2009
United Kingdom
In a way, Im tempted to recommend Adobe Flash Professional CS4 (Im blessed, I have a copy already) - expensive as hell, but it does the job. Im sure someone on here will come up with a much cheaper/free:)eek:) option for you though.

wiseguy

macrumors member
Jul 9, 2007
This is not the right way...

You don't convert .mov to .swf, you convert .mov to .flv This is the way to place video in Flash file. Then you can get any kind of Flash Video Player and place it in a web-html page.

chrismacguy

macrumors 68000
Feb 13, 2009
United Kingdom
You don't convert .mov to .swf, you convert .mov to .flv This is the way to place video in Flash file. Then you can get any kind of Flash Video Player and place it in a web-html page.

Actually, Im pretty sure you can do .mov to .swf. A while back I seem to remember doing this using Final Cut Pro 3, Flash MX 2004 and possibly some version of Macromedia Director (8??). Ill agree that .mov to .flv makes much more sense however :)

Pressure

macrumors 603
May 30, 2006
Denmark
Why bother?

Flash can play back H.264 files in a .mov / .mp4 container.

Absolutely no reason to transcode it to anything different. H.264 is currently the best codec for web use.

If you have to go down the lonesome road you could always use VisualHub.

Otherwise, some of the programs you already have might do it as an export option.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.