Converting .MOV to .SWF format

Discussion in 'Digital Video' started by Peter658, Feb 14, 2010.

1. Peter658 macrumors newbie

I've created a number of videos using iMovie (.mov extension) that I now want to create .swf versions of.

Can anyone recommend any software (free or paid) that can help me with this task.

There seems to be plenty of choice if you search on Google, but I tend to go by recommendation if possible.

Thanks,

Peter

2. chrismacguy macrumors 68000

In a way, Im tempted to recommend Adobe Flash Professional CS4 (Im blessed, I have a copy already) - expensive as hell, but it does the job. Im sure someone on here will come up with a much cheaper/free:)eek:) option for you though.

3. wiseguy macrumors member

wiseguy

This is not the right way...

You don't convert .mov to .swf, you convert .mov to .flv This is the way to place video in Flash file. Then you can get any kind of Flash Video Player and place it in a web-html page.

4. chrismacguy macrumors 68000

Actually, Im pretty sure you can do .mov to .swf. A while back I seem to remember doing this using Final Cut Pro 3, Flash MX 2004 and possibly some version of Macromedia Director (8??). Ill agree that .mov to .flv makes much more sense however :)

5. Mattaut macrumors regular

Export your movies from iMovie as Macromedia Flash Videos(FLV) instead of MOV files.
    I use SWF & FLV Toolbox 3.5 to convert FLVs to SWFs, the software is $40.
    http://www.eltima.com/purchase/swf-tools/

6. Pressure macrumors 68040

Pressure

Why bother?

Flash can play back H.264 files in a .mov / .mp4 container.

Absolutely no reason to transcode it to anything different. H.264 is currently the best codec for web use.

If you have to go down the lonesome road you could always use VisualHub.

Otherwise, some of the programs you already have might do it as an export option.