Converting Movies For Iphone

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by MACiVoy, Mar 10, 2011.

1. MACiVoy macrumors member

Hello.

I just got home from vacation, I had a few small movie clips that were taken on a flip cam.

I copied the movies onto my computer, then used a converting program to mp4.

The movies would not copy to my iphone..

Then I used iTunes "convert for iphone" under advanced.

They still will not copy to my iphone..

Any suggestions? Thanks!

2. heisenberg123 macrumors 603

heisenberg123

there use to be an app called VLC player it played many more file types without need to convert

3. psywzrd macrumors 68030

They won't copy to your phone or they won't play on your phone? If they won't copy, make sure you have them checked (this assumes that you have itunes set to only sync checked items) and that you have them selected to sync under videos.

4. Sedrick macrumors 68030

Sedrick

CineXplayer app. That or get QuickTimePro and convert everything that you want to watch, but that's a pain and waste of disk space. The CineXplayer app will play most things...

5. MACiVoy thread starter macrumors member

I figured it out thanks..

Just used "any video converter" program and put them in iphoto...they copied right over..

6. Nde macrumors 6502a

Nde

The rule is, if you can add and watch your movies in iTunes, you can sync it to your devices.

Even when your file name is mp4 of m4v. The format has to match Apple's standard. I suggest you use a free program called Handbrake. The program pre fills all the specs you need for iPhone/iPad.

Good luck.