Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

shoolie

macrumors member
Original poster
May 15, 2008
can I use toast v9.02 to convert movies from my mac to be usable on my iPhone, and how would I then transfer them onto my phone?

TEG

macrumors 604
Jan 21, 2002
Langley, Washington
can I use toast v9.02 to convert movies from my mac to be usable on my iPhone, and how would I then transfer them onto my phone?

Only if you are converting from one digital format to another (like TiVo, AVI, DivX, etc), not from DVD. Then simply drag the file to iTunes and it can then be added to the iPhone.

Otherwise Handbrake or MacTheRipper can to the converting, then just drag them to iTunes to add them.

TEG

shoolie

macrumors member
Original poster
May 15, 2008
Only if you are converting from one digital format to another (like TiVo, AVI, DivX, etc), not from DVD. Then simply drag the file to iTunes and it can then be added to the iPhone.

Otherwise Handbrake or MacTheRipper can to the converting, then just drag them to iTunes to add them.

TEG

All of the movies on my mac are in avi format, so how would I use toast to make them viewable on my iPhone?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.