Converting quitcktime movies to animated .gif?

Soulstorm

macrumors 68000
Original poster
Feb 1, 2005
Really, do you know any way of converting a quicktime file into an animated .gif?

yellow

Moderator emeritus
Oct 21, 2003
Portland, OR
Yes. With Quicktime Pro, at least. Export the QT file as an Image Sequence. Then open them with your favorite graphic converter (that can deal with image sequences), put it together, and save it as a .GIF.

Soulstorm

macrumors 68000
Original poster
Feb 1, 2005
yellow said:
Yes. With Quicktime Pro, at least. Export the QT file as an Image Sequence. Then open it with your favorite graphic converter (that can deal with image sequences) and save it as a .GIF.
yeah, but how do I end up with one (not many) single file that is an animated .gif? Graphic converter exports each image in a separate file!

yellow

Moderator emeritus
Oct 21, 2003
Portland, OR
I edited my above post.. you then have to then put all the images together with your favorite animated gif creator. I use Adobe ImageReady.

edesignuk

Moderator emeritus
Mar 25, 2002
London, England
yellow said:
I edited my above post.. you then have to then put all the images together with your favorite animated gif creator. I use Adobe ImageReady.
ImageReady actually makes it nice and easy, you don't even have to put it together. File > Import > Folder as frames ;)

homerjward

macrumors 68030
May 11, 2004
fig tree
edesignuk said:
ImageReady actually makes it nice and easy, you don't even have to put it together. File > Import > Folder as frames ;)
am i the only one who finds this ungodly slow and clunky? i've tried doing it (albeit with a 20minute clip...:rolleyes: ) and took at least an hour and before it finished it quit saying it was out of memory :eek: (2gb ram)
edit: im an idiot, completely misread what you were saying. thought you were talking about importing a qt movie into imageready :eek: