Converting SE to 6s

Hframer

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Oct 22, 2017
is this kind of a swap possible? Changing se internals in to a 6s frame and screen. Any chance

Minho

macrumors regular
Oct 4, 2017
Montreal, Canada
The logic boards are completely different, as are the flexes and connectors. There is no way to take an iPhone SE internals and make it work in a 6S housing.

Of course, considering the guy who reversed-engineered an audio jack in the iPhone 7, I guess anything is possible.

bodonnell202

macrumors 65816
Jan 5, 2016
Calgary, Alberta, Canada
Not sure why you would want to? The SE and 6s share several parts (such as the A9 chip, RAM, storage & rear facing camera) but the SE also features some parts which are older/inferior to the ones in the 6s (such as the cellular modem, bluetooth and wifi chips which are shared with the 6). That and as mentioned above the logic boards are completely different so it would take some real Frankenphone engineering to make it work at all.

Hframer

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Oct 22, 2017
Not sure why you would want to? The SE and 6s share several parts (such as the A9 chip, RAM, storage & rear facing camera) but the SE also features some parts which are older/inferior to the ones in the 6s (such as the cellular modem, bluetooth and wifi chips which are shared with the 6). That and as mentioned above the logic boards are completely different so it would take some real Frankenphone engineering to make it work at all.
The idea was to transfer everything from se in to a 6s frame and to use 6s screen. I could have had a 6s frame from my friend for free so it would have only cost me the price of the 6s screen:) but if the screen connector is different, then it doesn’t work.