Converting Split Audio from iMovie to mp3

Discussion in 'Digital Video' started by DottedDee, Nov 5, 2009.

1. DottedDee macrumors newbie

Nov 5, 2009
    Now, I've done something like this before. I've extracted the audio from iMovie to iTunes to make it a music file... I just don't quite remember how to do that. However, now my audio has been split several times. When I try to extract it, there's more than one to extract, and I need it to be one file.

Is there a way to unsplit the audio? Tape them back together? I've altered their endings so they don't fit together anymore, and I don't simply want to Undo the splitting. I need to tape the new endings together into one audio clip, extract it or share it to make it one mp3 file.

I recall that last time I tried to do that it remained aiff no matter how many times I followed the instructions I found in this forum, but it was still accepted.
  2. DottedDee thread starter macrumors newbie

Nov 5, 2009
    Forum change?

I know this is about the audio within iMovie, but it's still about iMovie right? Should this be moved? :(
  3. DottedDee thread starter macrumors newbie

Nov 5, 2009
    No one knows

No replies yet? Does this mean there isn't a way?
  4. jackerin macrumors 6502a

Jun 29, 2008
    I don't use iMovie, but if there's some option to export using the Quicktime encoder you can choose to export to AIFF there. From AIFF you can use a number of options to encode to whatever you please (iTunes, Max, XLD).