Converting TO .wmv?

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by Noisemaker, Jun 29, 2010.

1. Noisemaker Guest

I need a program to convert to .wmv. I have some videos that I need to upload to Youtube, and in .mov and .mp4 formats, their sound is either delayed or early. It's ridiculous!

I've been reading that .wmv is the best format to upload to youtube. Are there any free .mov to .wmv converters out there for Mac?

2. spinnerlys Guest

spinnerlys

Flip4Mac can help you, but the conversion software is not free.

Btw, where have you read, that .wmv (Windows Media Video) is the best format for uploading to YouTube? As far as I know, YouTube uses H264 encoded vide files, something the .wmv format lacks.

Maybe you post your source and result settings here and we can try to help otherwise?

3. Noisemaker thread starter Guest

I recorded my videos using Quicktime and the iSight camera on my MacBook. The videos play fine on my mac, but on Youtube, they end up with as much as a second of delay. I used the built in mic, and the high quality setting in Quicktime.

I tried re-uploading the movies, and got the same results. On some it's not as bad, but some are terrible.

4. MisterMe macrumors G4

MisterMe

It sounds to me as though your video settings are not optimal for streaming from YouTube. YouTube and quality are not two words that one commonly uses in the same sentence.

Post a link to your video so that we will know what you are dealing with. Also, post the vital statistics of your videos. Perhaps someone will suggest settings that will improve your streaming experience.

5. grim103 macrumors member

i just got this software yesterday and it converts wonderfully, its fully free. It converted The Hangover from .flv to .mp4. its easy and totally free, check it out! Its called MPEG Streamclip. Hope that helps out! :apple:

6. Nermal Moderator

Nermal

Staff Member

I fail to see why converting to mp4 is going to assist with conversion to wmv :confused:

7. MisterMe macrumors G4

MisterMe

My take is that everyone has discounted the need to convert to .wmv and moved on to discuss more useful endeavors.

8. grim103 macrumors member

im saying that it can convert all types of files including .wmv and also .mp4