Converting videos to MP4 sound cracking

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by Pagem804, Aug 13, 2008.

1. Pagem804 macrumors newbie

Hello all, I have been using popcorn to convert ts_video files to MP4's when finished the sound quality is horrible, I have tried numerous different settings and a lot of wasted time. The video quality is alright be the sound is horrible. Everything else on the phone sounds clear (music, purchased movies, ringtones) Any suggestions for settings or different software. Thanks.

Audio Format:AAC-LC
    Data Rate:320kbps
    Channels:Stereo
    Sample Rate:48kHz
    Sampling Quality:Best

2. junker macrumors 6502

junker

It's been awhile since I converted these and I think I used popcorn... I did two movies Shrek3 and Simpsons. Simpsons was good over external speaker...but Shrek was terrible! With Shrek I had to use headphones. No matter how I converted, I got the same results.

That probably is of no help... just thought I would suggest the headphones.

3. Pagem804 thread starter macrumors newbie

Headphones don't make any difference. The actual sound itself is cracking kind of distorted on the lows.

4. soberbrain macrumors 65816

soberbrain

5. Small White Car macrumors G4

Small White Car

Well, give Handbrake a try, using a default iPhone preset.

Let us know if you get the same issue or not.

6. Pagem804 thread starter macrumors newbie

Handbrake worked

Thanks for the help and suggestion. Handbrake worked like a charm, I even have a better video quality too. I took a while to convert but well worth the wait. Thanks Again:)