Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Katilea

macrumors member
Original poster
Jul 8, 2008
Hi

I finally got round to getting myself an iPod to go with my shiny new mac and its so much easier to get music on than windows and my mobile which needed each song converting to MP3 first!

I still have some songs copied across from old windows files that are in .wma format and I cant get them to copy into iTunes. I used to use a shareware program to convert them but this wont work on mac.

Is there a free program for Mac's that can convert this last album from .wma to .mp3 file format so i can add it to my iPod? Or how do I get iTunes to do this (if it can)?

Thanks
Kati

Katilea

macrumors member
Original poster
Jul 8, 2008
I chose one called switch, it looks easy, I selected the files press convert.. a message flashes on and off too quick to read it then nothing else happens. No converted files appear in the new folder I made for it

Have flip4mac demo but it says in pdf that the option to convert wma to mp3 is not available in demo version. :(

Katilea

macrumors member
Original poster
Jul 8, 2008
Just tried that one on a song, it downloaded into itunes but times showed as 0.01 started, stopped then moved onto next song.

Not sure where I'm going wrong cos with easyWMA it showed it had converted the whole album quickly but the times all show 0.00 so theres no song to play as such! :confused:

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.