Converting windows program to Mac

Discussion in 'Windows, Linux & Others on the Mac' started by ATOMANT, Jun 24, 2009.

1. ATOMANT macrumors newbie

I am a pilot in training and have a study program that i use on my schools windows computers i have saved it to a flash drive and uploaded onto my mac and i am needing help to figure out how open it up correctly because it is not is says something about not decoding correctly thank you to anyone that can help

2. parapup macrumors 65816

parapup

Windows programs cannot be run on a Mac directly.

If you want to run Windows programs on the Mac - you have a few options -

a) BootCamp - buy a copy of Windows, use BootCamp to install it on your hard drive as a second operating system. You will have to reboot to Windows when you want to run the program

b) Buy virtualization software like VMWare Fusion and install Windows using that - this will allow you to run Windows side by side the Mac and you can run your program without needing to reboot

c) See http://www.codeweavers.com - they allow many Windows programs to run on Mac without needing Windows. You will have to enquire if the program you are trying to run is compatible though.

3. MacDawg macrumors P6

MacDawg

parapup is exactly right

You should check Crossover first, it would be the simplest solution for you if it works

Woof, Woof - Dawg [​IMG]

4. three macrumors 6502a

three

Another recommendation if you need to virtualise Windows is Virtualbox by Sun, it's free and open source and does the same things that VMWare and Parallels do.