Converting word perfect 11 to word--what software

Discussion in 'Windows, Linux & Others on the Mac' started by alainr, Jun 22, 2008.

1. alainr macrumors regular

I have a new iMac with fusion. i want to transfer numerous Word Perfet 11 docs which are in different folders to Word on the mac side.
    is there a programs which lets me convert files in folders vs. one by one?
    the only way i have figured out to do it is to Save As a word docs for each doc, copy into fusion shareware folder and then open in Word of the mac side.

is there a faster way to do this?
    if not, which version of words shld i choose to Save as? does it matter if i pick:
    word 4.0, 5.0, 5.5, 6.0/7.0 for windows, 97/2002 for windows, 1.0, 1.1,1.1.9?

i looked at download.com, but was not sure about the program i found.

i hope there is a more time efficient way to do this!!

2. HughLincoln macrumors newbie

Did you ever get more on this? I also have WordPerfect 11 files that I would like to put on my new iMac. Apple told me to try saving the WP files on my PC as an ".rts" file, but that didn't work.

The Mac, it seems, will NOT run WP11.

3. alainr thread starter macrumors regular

used mac link plus deluxe to convert word perfect files

i used mac link plus and it works to "translate" the wpd files to .doc files on the mac.
    it is a good idea to go thru your wpd files and eliminate the ones that are outdated before you move tem to the mac side as you can't open them on the mac side until you use mac link plus.

4. Wanyal macrumors newbie

OpenOffice opens WordPerfect files, and also saves to Microsoft Word. So, you can use that.

5. HughLincoln macrumors newbie