Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

davidcmc

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Nov 5, 2009
Any app that converts video files with any codec (mpeg, h.264, divx, xvid etc) to DVD and support for selectable subtitles?

In ConvertXtoDVD I can put as many subtitles in .srt format as I want and select of disable them while playing in a DVD Player.

I've managed to burn a DVD with subtitle hard-coded using Perian (to decode with subtitle) and Toast 10 Titanium (to encode). The quality of Toast is very good, but I want to make the subtitle selectable, not hard-coded.

Can anyone help?

fishmoose

macrumors 68000
Jul 1, 2008
Sweden
I'll like to know this to, tried to do a similar thing once. Had to use ConvertXtoDVD under Fusion. Couldn't find an alternative.

davidcmc

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Nov 5, 2009
I'll like to know this to, tried to do a similar thing once. Had to use ConvertXtoDVD under Fusion. Couldn't find an alternative.

There's FilmRedux (VisualHub), but I didn't test it yet.
For the moment I'm using ConvertXtoDVD. Using Perian to decode MKV files is a pain because Quicktime likes to index the file before playing it.
The result is that Toast 10, using Quicktime "engine" to decode (Perian) files, takes so much time just to begin encoding an H.264 file to DVD.

fishmoose

macrumors 68000
Jul 1, 2008
Sweden
Yeah I tried with iDVD and it would have taken hours, in ConvertXtoDVD it was a matter of maybe a half an hour.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.