ConvertXtoDVD equivalent for Mac OS X?

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by davidcmc, Nov 6, 2009.

1. davidcmc macrumors regular

Any app that converts video files with any codec (mpeg, h.264, divx, xvid etc) to DVD and support for selectable subtitles?

In ConvertXtoDVD I can put as many subtitles in .srt format as I want and select of disable them while playing in a DVD Player.

I've managed to burn a DVD with subtitle hard-coded using Perian (to decode with subtitle) and Toast 10 Titanium (to encode). The quality of Toast is very good, but I want to make the subtitle selectable, not hard-coded.

Can anyone help?

2. davidcmc thread starter macrumors regular

3. fishmoose macrumors 68000

I'll like to know this to, tried to do a similar thing once. Had to use ConvertXtoDVD under Fusion. Couldn't find an alternative.

4. davidcmc thread starter macrumors regular

There's FilmRedux (VisualHub), but I didn't test it yet.
    For the moment I'm using ConvertXtoDVD. Using Perian to decode MKV files is a pain because Quicktime likes to index the file before playing it.
    The result is that Toast 10, using Quicktime "engine" to decode (Perian) files, takes so much time just to begin encoding an H.264 file to DVD.

5. fishmoose macrumors 68000

Yeah I tried with iDVD and it would have taken hours, in ConvertXtoDVD it was a matter of maybe a half an hour.