Convince me to buy a PS Eye!

Discussion in 'Console Games' started by Taustin Powers, Jan 21, 2009.

1. Taustin Powers macrumors regular

Right now it's the only thing that's keeping me away from the Platinum Trophy in Burnout Paradise.

But I'll be damned if I spend 40 Euros just to get a stinkin trophy!

What else can I use it for? I don't really chat with my PSN "friends", so I doubt I will start video conferencing with them all of a sudden. I have Little Big Planet and I understand that it has some Eye functionality...but is it worth it? Sending mugshots in Burnout could be fun I guess....not sure if it's 40 € worth of fun though.

So really, what else can you do with the Eye? Wait for EyePet? :eek: And those EyeToy games (like, making a bridge with your arms) really don't seem that appealing to me...

I can easily afford the purchase, but I haven't found a way to justify it yet. :confused:

EDIT: Is it compatible with my Mac Pro? Can I use it as a webcam and for Photo Booth and such there?

2. macfan881 macrumors 68020

not sure on the mac part but you can give it a shot i dont have a eye toy but would get one if i had the money it looks like it can be fun with Little Big planet when making your own stickers

3. Dagless macrumors Core

Dagless

Aww but if you got a PS eye then you might not get a PSP camera or GPS unit, or a Wii gun holder, or a 360 fan or... Good god... A dance mat :eek:

4. macfan881 macrumors 68020

actaully look into the ps2 eye toy its cheaper and i hear it works with little big planet im not sure about other games but if you ask around the official playstation boards im sure some one can help you out i do know the ps2 eye toy does work with LBP

5. MRU macrumors demi-god

MRU

I've been mulling over getting the PS Eye too..

The only game I can see it looks like a worthwhile tool is Little Big Planet, and I did see in my local Harvey Norman's they were selling off Eye of Judgment & the PS Eye bundle for €35 (less than the PS Eye on it's own) and that is really tempting me....

But i have so many other accessories for consoles that I wanted for a particular game and then they end up in the cupboard gathering dust after one or two uses....

6. Taustin Powers thread starter macrumors regular

Well, I bought it today. Jeez, that didn't take long! :eek:

It's actually a fun little toy. I got the Burnout Platinum trophy and I feel no more important than before. Woohoo. Then I started playing around with EyeCreate and actually had a lot of fun with the stopmotion feature, making a little animation with my stuffed penguin Gustav. (Should I be worried that my 30th birthday is next month, and I'm making video clips of my stuffed penguin? :confused: :D )

EDIT: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mJFuZ19OoUA

7. JackAxe macrumors 68000

JackAxe

8. Taustin Powers thread starter macrumors regular

You just overwhelmed me with too many compelling arguments! ;)

9. MRU macrumors demi-god

MRU

10. JackAxe macrumors 68000

JackAxe

It saddens me that my rhetoric's had no effect on your decision. :(

11. 2nyRiggz macrumors 603

2nyRiggz

Eye of judgment is your friend.....wait theres the bundle...did you get that? Check PSN store they have some games for it.

Bless

12. eleven2brett macrumors regular

13. zelmo macrumors 603

zelmo

EoJ FTW! If you're thinking about the PS Eye, you really ought to pick up the EoJ bundle. It's only $20 more and well worth it. I have to get back into this game. I've been stuck playing LBP and Wipeout HD. Between my son and me, we have about 90% of both the Series I and II decks.

14. arthursiew macrumors 6502

arthursiew

Buy Eye of Judgment. It's a great card game with the PS Eye included.

15. Taustin Powers thread starter macrumors regular

Um, thanks for the advice, but I already bought the Eye, without Eye of Judgement. I think I even posted about in this thread! ;)