Convince Me To Keep My Pre-Order

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by ghsNick, Oct 8, 2011.

1. ghsNick macrumors 68020

ghsNick

I've had a hard on about iOS5 for a while...and I feel like that's the only reason I'm getting the 4S.

I'm coming from an Original Droid on Verizon.

I think the 4S is a great phone but kind of sucks on Verizon from what I can tell.

I read that Verizon won't get the fast "4G" speeds (like AT&T is getting) and isn't "World Capable" without purchasing some BS SIM Card and "World" Data Plan (when I already have an Unlimited Data Plan).

I'm a little frustrated because I feel like AT&T customers will get a great phone with the iPhone 4S and use all of its new feature while Verizon is missing out on two of them (and I really wanted those faster "4G" Speeds.)

Convince me Verizon is getting a great phone. :eek:

2. ap3604 macrumors 68000

VERIZON 5UCKS!!! ATT RULEZ!!!

Just kidding ;)

At least with Verizon you have the very low ping so websites load nearly as fast + you have alot more 3g coverage. How bad could it be having a brand new iPhone on America's largest 3g network?

3. MorganB macrumors member

Cancel please so my order will move up in line.

4. Certinfy macrumors 6502a

Certinfy

If you really need convincing it's clear you don't want to get it on Verizon, so don't. ;)

5. jess222 macrumors 6502

jess222

its all personal preference anyway right? if you want it dont cancel, if you dont want it cancel...a bunch of strangers cant really tell you what to do... :p

6. FullMetalx117 macrumors regular

you should keep it. realize now that you will be one of the few that wont be waiting till october 21st to get your iphone

7. Bakes7 macrumors newbie

Quit posting dumb stuff, no one cares if you are having cold feet. PS Verizon is a great network.

8. ghsNick thread starter macrumors 68020

ghsNick

Oh...I think I forgot to mention something huge (as to why I'm on Verizon)

I'm on a family plan and I don't pay for me bill...lol.
    So I think that's reason enough to just deal with it.

And I have this when I look at my confirmation order online...does anyone else have this through Verizon.

Attached Files:

9. Amnesia87 macrumors 6502

The Verizon iPhone has always been slower than the AT&T one, nothings changed... as for "World Capable"

The international roaming works the same for either phone, either you are using an AT&T or a Verizon SIM, and then piggybacking on whatever international network you happen to be on and paying AT&T or Verizon TONZ of money to do so... None of the carrier locked phones will allow you to just pop in an international prepaid sim. The only phone that you can do that with is the Contract Free Unlocked phone...

Your "Unlimited" plan is you paying to use Verizons network... Verizon's network doesn't exist outside of the US, so to use your phone in other countries, you are roaming and so your dataplan doesn't cover it.

10. NoHo macrumors 6502

Cancel it. There's people who actually want it that can't get it.

11. rkahl macrumors 65816

12. richpjr macrumors 68030

richpjr

Why do you feel the need to be convinced about it?

13. 2010RS macrumors 6502

i think you have this forum confused with the apple marketing department. they give a **** if you keep your preorder or not. no one here does.

14. Captain America macrumors 6502

I thought that Verizon's network speeds were superior to AT&T's and therefore it was gonna leave the AT&T 4S in the dust?

15. ap3604 macrumors 68000

[​IMG]

16. maximus96 macrumors 6502a

maximus96

17. AlvinNguyen macrumors 6502a

I think it's retarded that you need a forum of strangers to convince you - you're an adult - make your own decisions.

18. EmbraceTheOne macrumors 6502a

I lol'ed pretty hard.

;) :D :) :rolleyes:

19. jca24 macrumors 6502a

jca24

verizon does suck as well as android.

:apple: all the way

20. Rambaldi macrumors member

Where are you checking your order status so that it looks like that? That looks nothing like the Order Status page I've been seeing for Verizon.

21. NoHo macrumors 6502

lol, he's actually not an adult. He stated himself that he's on a family plan and doesn't pay for his own bill. Even if we convince him to keep it, it's ultimately going to depend on his parents and this kid probably doesn't want to take out the garbage or do the dishes just so he can get an iPhone.

22. ghsNick thread starter macrumors 68020

ghsNick

I paid for the phone...but I'm still on the plan.

Don't know why everyone is hating...I just wanted some positive reinforcement lol.

I checked it on Verizon's website...I didn't go through Apple.