Cookoo watch anyone got one?

Discussion in 'iPhone Accessories' started by MrMister111, Jul 13, 2014.

1. MrMister111 macrumors 68000

Looking at a Cookoo watch someone selling for £60. I have an iPhone 5S. Has anyone got one?

What are they like? They've been out a while now so what can/can't do? They seem limited on what they can do, the watch face looks like it has icons to light up so obviously limited by those I suppose.

It also seems a very chunky watch? I like the sound of the battery life though with a "button battery" so it must last a whole does it? How long?

Does it affect the battery life of your iPhone much?

Is it reliable now? Reading a little it seemed to miss or delay notifications.

I know (presume!) Apple will bring out a Smartwatch eventually, the Pebble although has lots more apps, I just don't like the styling, and unsure what else is out there.

So anyone got one, had one, comment please
    Thanks

2. SchneiderMan macrumors G3

SchneiderMan

It is chunky and pretty much useless as far as "smart watches" are concerned. I wouldn't waste money on it, it's not good enough.

3. MrMister111 thread starter macrumors 68000

Thanks. It does look chunky have to say.

As you say it's a smart watch in a loose sense, although in some ways better. I like the fact it's a normal watch, lasts for ages, and also the "smart" bit although simple also supposed to last about a year, and simple cheap battery change.

For what it does it sounds decent though? For £55 UK not worth a punt?

4. MrMister111 thread starter macrumors 68000

No one else got one can comment? I ordered and it's on its way. Until Apple bring out one thought I'd try this. As I've said it looks like a "normal" watch, the pebble watches although functionality is great, look awful to me.

5. MrMister111 thread starter macrumors 68000

Well 1st one arrived and wasn't fully compatible with iOS 7 and unable to hardware upgrade so had to send back.

Another is on the way, a Cookoo 2 is out now also that shows called ID. Would have preferred this but got a deal on Cookoo 1.

It's a decent watch, bit chunky, and Smartwatch in a loose sense maybe but I don't want a digital screen that lasts 2 days.

Let's want until Apple brings one, although the Martian watches look good, but expensive to ship to UK