Cool (and new) games to run on my older Mac?

Discussion in 'iMac' started by ZackaryVS, Apr 11, 2011.

1. ZackaryVS macrumors newbie

ZackaryVS

I have an older 2006 iMac, and I can run games such as Spore (medium high settings), Team Fortress 2 (high settings) and Left 4 Dead 2 (on lower settings). I just want to know if there's any cool new games out there that will run on my iMac (specs on signature). I like RPGs, FPS and simulation games.

Thanks,

~ZackaryVS

2. Detrius macrumors 68000

3. Vylen macrumors 65816

Can't say what will run on a C2D iMac, but I think you'd get a little better performance if you added more RAM... 1GB is essentially the minimum in running Snow Leopard, so adding more will help you a bit in pretty much everything too.

4. ZackaryVS thread starter macrumors newbie

ZackaryVS

Thanks for the reply...

I was thinking about upgrading to at least 2.5 or 3GB of RAM... I have 2x512mb so I can just pull out the 512 and add a 2GB stick.

Mine Craft looks like a fun game, but I don't know if I want to pay to get the full version. I played the demo before, but I don't know...

5. Spyriadon macrumors regular

Spyriadon

Get the full version now and you don't have to pay full price when the final version is released. Trust me its worth the money.

6. Detrius macrumors 68000

There isn't a Minecraft demo. There's an alpha version which by definition is missing a boatload of features. For example: you can't craft, and you don't have to mine to get blocks.

7. ZackaryVS, Apr 17, 2011
    Last edited: Apr 21, 2011

ZackaryVS thread starter macrumors newbie

ZackaryVS

Oh my...

Wow, MineCraft free version gave my Mac a kernel panic. LOL

UPDATE:

I got the MineCraft Beta and it works a lot better. It's pretty addicting... I'm awesome at it now.