Cool Animated clip created with an... iPAD (!)

Discussion in 'iPad' started by Clockw0rk, Sep 24, 2011.

1. Clockw0rk macrumors newbie

This is the Credit Card Chef! He is enjoying making wonderful dishes from OTHER credit cards.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GJZpwj3nJSE

[Sorry about the fact that the language isn't English, I plan to add sub titles, BUT the voice is not that important because the narrative's pretty obvious.]

This clip was created, captured and edited on an iPad device. iMovie was used for Editing; iMotion to capture and process the animation.

I've made this video as part of a competition introduced by my credit card company. they asked us to create videos showing destruction of our old cards, because now we have the ultimate card - the one they provide us...

My idea was to create a figure out of the new credit card and make him a Chef who cooks dishes from the old credit cards.

Hope you enjoy my video! and wish me luck! First price is a vacation in London. :)

P/S: The competition is aimed for amateurs off course, so please set your expectations accordingly, this is my first experiment with animation.

2. foiden macrumors 6502a

I like it. Nicely inventive and well played. It's an iPad achievement as well as a nice independent stylish short. You can both tell it was done on the iPad, but also done by someone who knows their stuff. Great job.

3. EspressoQueen macrumors member

4. psonice macrumors 6502a

Great stuff, I love to see things like this :) And best of luck with the competition - I reckon you're in with a chance!

If you want to try live video next instead of stop motion, send me a PM and I'll give you a download code for my new app.

5. Clockw0rk thread starter macrumors newbie

Sounds interesting psonic , is this app intended for animations?

6. psonice macrumors 6502a

No, only live video (although I'll probably add animation features at some point - I've already considered that for time-lapse). Just thought you might want to give it a go as it's quite a creative video app (lots of video effects etc., but quite unlike anything else out there).

Anyway, if you want to give it a go send me a PM rather than discuss it here and I'll send you a code, I'd rather not fill your thread with discussion of my apps :)

7. Clockw0rk thread starter macrumors newbie

8. Clockw0rk thread starter macrumors newbie

I guess I need to wait a bit until my message counter will be updated on the server. I do have five posts which is required, but I guess the data is not yet refreshed on the server.

9. psonice macrumors 6502a

It won't let me send you a PM either. Send me an email at chris (at) interealtime (dot) com and I'll send you a code.

This is good timing by the way - the new version went live late last night :) I've opened a thread about it here: http://forums.macrumors.com/showthread.php?t=1236004

10. Clockw0rk thread starter macrumors newbie

So today the winner will be announced. I made some home made marshmallow for everyone at the office and wanted to take picture of it to be used in the email ill send them... Now, psonice guess what? I used your program to capture it - it gave me far better results then the default camera app!

11. psonice macrumors 6502a

Cool :)

Good luck with the competition, let us know how it goes!

12. Clockw0rk thread starter macrumors newbie

Sure I will - it was suppose to be yesterday, but there's a delay...

13. Clockw0rk thread starter macrumors newbie

So... sorry for the delay but I did promise to let you know the results.

The winners were announce today AND I GOT FIRST PRIZE!! :) :)

I've won an iPAD2 + vacation in London (hotel + flights) + 600$ for shopping.

Thanks everyone for the support!

14. Ecoh macrumors 6502a

Ecoh

15. psonice macrumors 6502a