Cool future feature Apple should add to Siri..

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by jst1217, Oct 8, 2011.

1. jst1217 macrumors newbie

Apple should allow iPhone 4S with Siri to communicate with each other. This would be mind blowing. For example, If I ask Siri to 'find a time John Doe and I can meet' and it will search your calendar, then cross check over the network with his calendar to calculate an open time in your schedules. This would obviously only work if both parties have Siri but that would be really cool. There are endless things this can open doors to.

2. ProwlingTiger macrumors 65816

ProwlingTiger

Wow that would be really neat. I'd also like an ability to force it into a constant listening mode, so I could give it commands without having to open my iPhone. If I had a real assistant, all I would need to do is call his/her name. Naturally, it'd have to work with only your own voice otherwise saying "Siri..." in a crowded environment would activate everyone's Siri.

3. TheSacredSoul macrumors 6502a

It will open a can of worms on privacy issues.

4. gillybean macrumors 6502a

If everyone's Siri is connected to one big network, then Apple could get live traffic information via the speed (from GPS) of every iPhone owner who's driving on each road.

5. cward0715 macrumors regular

That's what google already does with google maps.

6. admanimal macrumors 68040

What exactly do people define as being part of Siri? I mean, cross-checking two people's calendars to find a common opening is simple technology. Siri is more about the natural language interface to these things that are actually powered by other technology behind the scenes. To say that "everyone's Siri is connected to a big network" doesn't really make sense to me.

7. mikethebigo macrumors 68000

The word Siri is becoming the blanket term for the artificial intelligence on the phone. It doesn't just refer to the contextual algorithms anymore, it basically refers to an imaginary person, doing things for you in the software.

8. kappaknight macrumors 68000

kappaknight

Uhhh... cool... right.

You do realize this is how Skynet got started right?

9. mattydee87 macrumors regular

Sounds a bit like a furby to me =o two siris talking to each other. Would be kinda cool though

10. Captain America macrumors 6502

lol I found that hilarious to picture.

11. ap3604 macrumors 68000

If I get to have my own terminator protecting me then I'm cool with it ;)

12. Captain America macrumors 6502

Not sure how useful it'll be in protecting you. Unless it feeds you escape routes through a bluetooth headset or something a la Matrix.

13. Todthebod macrumors member

Maybe you can get an add-on that uses it with satellite radio..........you could call it Siri-us. oh wait a minute....:p

14. scootaru macrumors 6502

Well, your friend wouldn't even need Siri for that to work. You just need access to his calendar. If his calendar is public or shared with you, then Siri should be able to cross-reference his calendars and yours to find time when you both are free.

15. Hey! macrumors member

If Siris can communicate if a grp of iPhone 4s are together , they'll probably start planning for world dominance soon