iPad Cool Graphic Cases for iPad Air?

Discussion in 'iPad Accessories' started by 24hrpizza, Jan 20, 2014.

1. 24hrpizza macrumors member

2. jrs22 macrumors 6502

I have a poetic covermate in lavender as well as a slimline in solid black. The snap-on backs look and fit identically. The vinyl feels a bit softer as if it's very slightly padded but the first lavender one arrived with a tiny rip so I could see how thin the cover is. I'm happy with both cases but I'm counting on the iPad outlasting them.

3. 24hrpizza thread starter macrumors member

Couldn't find the covermate in lavender :confused: - could you post a link? thanks for the help!

4. tacotester1 macrumors member

5. jrs22 macrumors 6502

6. SomeGuyDude macrumors 6502a

SomeGuyDude

I have the Covermate Rock for the rMini. My thoughts:

It feels great. Can't deny that. Great material, the cutouts are perfect, it's plenty slim but not chintzy. Not only that, but it looks SLICK. Like, the pattern on it is super sexy. This isn't some cheap printing. The photos don't do it justice. Using it like a stand is similarly easy and secure. No problems with the magnet not holding.

However, there's a problem. The "smart cover" thing is......... not the best. It's pretty easy for you to close it "wrong" somehow and it just doesn't line up quite right. I think this leads to the thing not being asleep all the time if you have it in a bag where it can get jostled around. If you have it closed, you can put your finger on the cover flap and nudge it around and here the "click" sound of it going to sleep over and over and over again, meaning it's repeatedly waking up and going back to sleep.

In the end, I think it's great and heartily recommend it, but be aware that if you're throwing the thing in a backpack, when you get there you might find that your battery has dropped a little further than you expected.