All iPads Cool iPad tricks and secrets!!!

Discussion in 'iPad' started by iPodJedi, Jan 6, 2014.

1. iPodJedi macrumors 6502a

iPodJedi

I own both the ipad mini and full size. I am constantly looking for cool tricks or secret tricks that make the ipad even more fun (all of this of course without jailbreaks and on iOS7) so I thought this would be a good place for people to post cool ipad tricks! thanks for any and all replies!

2. s15119 macrumors 65816

s15119

3. The Doctor11 macrumors 603

The Doctor11

Well apples all about simplity so there's really not many tricks. The only trick I have is if your ever having a problem hold the home button and the sleep button at the same time and until you see the apple logo. That's called a hard rest.

----------

Lol

4. samiznaetekto macrumors 65816

Open Camera app on both, make them both use the front camera, point screens at each other, what do you see?

:D

5. Indydenny macrumors 6502

Indydenny

Not a trick but . . .

Pushing the home button and the on/off button (on top) at the same time will take a photo of your screen (screen capture) and place it in your camera roll.

This is particularly nice if you want to remember a quote, link, dates or whatever and don't have time at the moment to copy them down.

6. iPodJedi thread starter macrumors 6502a

iPodJedi

Infinite iPad screens!

7. Jhun80 macrumors newbie

You can split the Keyboard by putting two fingers on the middle of the keyboard and pull it apart.

8. LED macrumors member

I don't know how well known this one is but for web browsing you can press and hold the period key on the keyboard and it will popup a shortcut to be able to type ".com", ".org", and a few other common ones. You don't need to lift your finger once the popup appears.

9. dannynjoni macrumors member

Ha! Didn't know this one. I swear some day I will start to read manuals! lol

10. keatth macrumors 6502

From the lock screen, hold the camera and swipe up but dint swipe up all the way, throw it back down and watch it bounce, if you throw it down hard enough it will bounce back up far enough to open the camera app.

11. mpayne2k macrumors 6502a

mpayne2k

Go into Settings --> General --> Keyboard --> Shortcuts

Create a bunch of shortcuts for words or phrases you type often. This saves me time most when having to constantly log in websites with your email address. I create a shortcut when I type the first three letters of my email it automatically suggests the rest. You just push return or next and the complete email pops in the box. Saves allot of time!

Example: your email is email@icloud.com. Make a shortcut of "ema" for the phrase "email@icloud.com"

Have some fun making a bunch of shortcuts and you'll really speed up your typing! Another thing which is good, your shortcuts can be saved to the cloud so when you login on another device or restore your iPad, your shortcuts will migrate with your account.

12. TWO2SEVEN macrumors 68040

TWO2SEVEN

13. Malbec macrumors newbie

14. Beachguy macrumors 6502a

Beachguy

Manuals? What are those?

15. TWO2SEVEN macrumors 68040

TWO2SEVEN

I think it is a transmission that has to be shifted using a clutch. ;)

16. darngooddesign macrumors G3

Almost all tips and tricks are iOS related and there are a lot of articles online about those.

17. Apple fanboy macrumors Core

Apple fanboy

I can remember when I first had an iPhone and my daughter had an iPod touch. She would borrow my iPhone to take pictures of her screen drawings or whatever. When I told a guy at work he told me this tip (in between the laughter). This made things so much easier.

18. rbrian macrumors 6502a

rbrian

No, it's doing a wheelie by pulling up on the handlebars manually instead of pedalling hard!

19. samiznaetekto macrumors 65816

Infinite book spines, yellows, backlight bleeding, dead pixels, image retentions, missing gamuts... A haven for OCD folks! :D

20. iPodJedi thread starter macrumors 6502a

iPodJedi

I already knew that one...it is really useful :)
    I have probably 30+ shortcuts