Cool iPhone screenshots

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by dunnonuthin, Apr 24, 2007.

1. dunnonuthin macrumors newbie

Attached Files:

2. Rhema macrumors member

This would be very rad, but unless all of my friends win the lottery, or apple lowers the price of the iPhone, I'll probably be the only one in my circle of friends that would have it. Which this would end up being a "zune wifi" type capability. Mabye iPhone 2.0, when it has gotten more popular

3. scmacdaddy macrumors regular

didn't read the article, but those screens are not gps, just the address from your contact shown on google maps. shown in the keynote i believe.

4. The General macrumors 601

Yep. Read the article is what you didn't do. :rolleyes:

5. Project macrumors 68020

Wow thats pretty frickin cool.

Would also be nice if you could see what track they were listening to on their iPod. And completely incredible if you could listen in to that track.

6. monke macrumors 65816

monke

It's Google Maps. :rolleyes:

We've seen these since January.

GPS would be cool to have in the iPhone, but you can't ask for everything. :D

7. buymeaniphone macrumors 6502

buymeaniphone

What types of scenarios would you need this kind of functionality for. I dont think I want all my friends to know my location at every moment. Can you imagine the possibilities with stalkers and annoying friends?

8. ToastMaster macrumors regular

ToastMaster

Yeah, I would say definitely cool and definitely creepy.

9. polishmacuser macrumors 6502a

polishmacuser

Who knows:rolleyes:

10. allette macrumors newbie

did you get these pics from a iphone video? it seemed i have seen it.

11. dunnonuthin thread starter macrumors newbie

No, these are new. They're done in Photoshop, based on the renderings from the Apple site.

12. jwa276 macrumors regular

jwa276

I hope my tomtom bluetooth GPS receiver is supported by that map app... :D

If so–then good riddence, iPaq!

13. sandman42 macrumors 6502a

sandman42

Screenshots?

I thought we were going to see real screenshots! Let me get this straight: what we're really seeing is fictional, mocked-up screenshots from an imaginary application that someone thinks is how phone tech should work (but most people probably think it shouldn't), used on an unreleased piece of hardware, relying on a function that as far as we know isn't incorporated or enabled (GPS)? I guess it's an interesting idea, but the thread probably shouldn't have been titled "Cool iPhone Screenshots"!

14. GoCubsGo macrumors Nehalem

GoCubsGo

I'd have to agree here. I mean, the whole iPhone thing is great and all, but who knows how it'll really work? I simply find the site posting these to be less than creditable.

15. Project macrumors 68020

Geez, chill out. It aint that serious

16. deasine macrumors member

deasine

^Agree.

You never know, apple may have GPS built into the iPhone ONE DAY. Especially when new technologies are around the corner. I think Europe has developed a SIM Card with built in GPS chip...

Article: http://www.slashphone.com/69/7062.html

17. dunnonuthin thread starter macrumors newbie

You know, I didn't post this as a rumor, and never claimed it to be real. I posted it in the forums, because it's a speculative 'what-if' kind of a post. They aren't real screenshots, and they don't purport to be...I don't think the post title was misleading at all. Yes, it's imaginary, relying on a function that might not exist, on an unreleased piece of hardware...there's a lot of unknowns here, but that's what makes it fun to muse about. And that's why I posted it here.

If you're only interested in hard facts, you're probably on the wrong website. But thanks for adding to the discourse - I'm enjoying it!

cheers

18. sandman42 macrumors 6502a

sandman42

Sorry if I sounded harsh -- didn't mean to, and from other people's responses it sounds like that's how they took it too. Like you, I'm interested in anything about the iPhone, even if it's speculation. From the title I just thought you had some actual iPhone screenshots, and was disappointed that they're just somebody's photoshop mockups, that's all. Again, sorry.

19. shrimpdesign macrumors 6502a

shrimpdesign

I don't know why this would be helpful ... I already know where my friends live. Unless you click it, and get automatic directions from wherever you are (which would require GPS, which the iPhone does not have) ... I see very little need for this.

20. sandman42 macrumors 6502a

sandman42

If you read the article, it's not about where your friends live, but where they are (or at least where their phones are). The article proposes a tracking application where people can keep tabs on where their friends are at any given time, based on signals sent from the phones. Unfortunately, the potential for this to be used maliciously is way too great for people to accept it, I think.

21. dunnonuthin thread starter macrumors newbie

22. jdechko macrumors 68040

If it were a Verizon phone it would have had to have GPS if only for E911. But true GPS would be sweet.

On a downer note, I'm not so sure I like the idea he's proposing in this article. It opens up a whole new level of stalking, or other things (like catching your friend cheating with your wife...) Let's see where Mary and Joe are and if they want to meet for lunch...oh crap!