Cool Mac pictures I took...

Discussion in 'PowerPC Macs' started by PowerMac G4 MDD, Jan 17, 2015.

1. PowerMac G4 MDD macrumors 68000

PowerMac G4 MDD

Hey everyone,

So I was in my photography class today, and it was near the end of the period; nobody was using the backdrop/lighting, so I decided to take some nice shots of my iBook G4. :) Doesn't look the best, since I was using my iPhone 4s to take the shots, but the backdrop and lighting still gave it a great effect. I'd love to see how it would look with a real camera. Anyway, I used my iBook G4 and then took out one of the Macintosh Classic IIs (which I will hopefully be receiving from my teacher soon), and took some shots of that. I think one of these would definitely be a nice wallpaper!

Sadly, out of the several photos, I only deemed three of them as being worthy.

I don't think anyone would actually make that Classic II their wallpaper, but if so, remember where you got it from!

Let me know what you think about these...

Attached Files:

2. PowerMac G4 MDD thread starter macrumors 68000

PowerMac G4 MDD

ACTUAL images here:

EDIT: Gonna post the actual image files soon! They are too large for my vacation internet. Hopefully the original images are of a high-enough resolution for a wallpaper. The ones in my original post are the corrected, images, since my iPhone decided to flip them upside-down originally.

The correct ones are going to be somewhat small for a wallpaper; I think a 12" iBook screen would be most-appropriate for them!

3. redheeler macrumors 603

redheeler

Let me know when you've got a 5K version ;)

In the meantime, here is an old picture of my Clamshell iBook:

[​IMG]

Attached Files:

4. eyoungren macrumors P6

eyoungren

A long time ago!

Attached Files:

5. ptdebate macrumors 6502

ptdebate

6. eyoungren macrumors P6

eyoungren

:D

17" PowerBook G4 1.0Ghz (bottom)
    17" PowerBook G4 1.67Ghz DLSD-HD (middle)
    15" Titanium PowerBook G4 400mhz (top)

All running OS X 10.5.8 Leopard (at that time).

7. ptdebate macrumors 6502

ptdebate

Leopard on a 1st Gen TiBook? That's ambitious! How does it run?

8. eyoungren macrumors P6

eyoungren

It did run fine. That Mac is long dead now.

But I also run Leopard on a PowerMac G4/400 AGP at work with 256mb ram. It's our print server. Before that it had 1.75GB of ram and was a production machine. Adobe CS4 and so on.

Both Macs were just a little slower is all, but if you kill all the eye candy performance is decent. I've never had the issues with Leopard that everyone claims they have.

I HAVE had more instability with Tiger in a mixed network environment then I care to think about. Hence, I do not care for Tiger.

9. rjcalifornia macrumors 6502a

rjcalifornia

Pretty good!

What do you think of mine?

Attached Files:

10. PowerMac G4 MDD thread starter macrumors 68000

PowerMac G4 MDD

Nice! #Filter ? ;)

----------

Nice photos! Sadly, the originals seem to be too small/lacking optimal resolution for something like a wallpaper. Next time, hopefully, I can take similar pictures with a real camera. It is photography class after all; I can bring our Nikon D80 in or something! :)

----------

*sigh* Back when the latest PPC Mac was only about 5 years old. We had a 2005 iBook G4 mobile lab at my elementary school, during 6th grade (2009-2010). PPC Macs were still holding up by then; although, a kid in my class was exclaiming how "OLLLLDDDD" the machines were. I disagreed and said that they were only 5 years of age. I then proceeded to remove the keyboard w/ the little latches... :rolleyes: and then someone saw me, and tons of other kids started doing it. Whoops.

----------

Tiger is one of Apple's most stable operating systems. I really wish there was an updated browser for it, besides just TFF, because I still really enjoy it. It USED to be fine not too-too long ago, but now it's 2015... And now that I have Leopard on more and more of my other PPC Macs, I am getting a little spoiled with it and turning my face from Tiger. That being said, I still have plenty of machines that run Tiger; one of them is my original iBook G4, which I use at school.

11. eyoungren macrumors P6

eyoungren

That TiBook I had I got as a Christmas present in 2001. I was the third owner. My mom got it from my sister's then boyfriend and gave it to me.

It lasted until November 2009 when the logicboard died. A year later, I replaced the board and it lasted as my wife's Mac for about a year when my daughter sent it flying off the couch.

After that it worked if I had two binder clips pressing down on it at certain points. Eventually, I got my son his TiBook and it needed a screen so my TiBook's screen was donated and it's been in pieces ever since tearing it down. No real way to put it back together as the case finally decided to just crack and crumble while I was pulling it apart.

The hinges on that screen though are insane. They were the most solid part of that Mac. Everything else broke around the hinges.

12. PowerMac G4 MDD thread starter macrumors 68000

PowerMac G4 MDD

Yeah, I can see what you mean about Tiger and networking. The thing that annoyed me is when I found out that, in Tiger, you cannot specify folders you want to share---it just lets you share some public folder. In Leopard and later, you can easily choose the EXACT folder you want to share, be it a hard disk, Applications folder (for, uh, getting MS Office from my brother ;) ), etc. Luckily, there are a couple applications that allow you to specify these things, in Tiger. Although I would rather just force Leopard on the machine; it's an AGP G4 450Mhz w/ 512MB of RAM.

----------

Oh yeah, the hinges are great. As cool as the hinges are on the Snow and G4 iBooks, they tend to get crooked or something... or at least the screen itself does. I have seen plenty of iBooks where the screen was off-set---it can be seen best while the computer is closed. I think this happens when you stack something on top of an iBook and leave it there. Another thing that contributes to the hinge getting displaced is the rubber studs (on the two top corners of the screen), which evidently get peeled-off over time... I don't see how one can accidently do that, but it is very common.

13. eyoungren macrumors P6

eyoungren

Tiger is a real PITA to make work with Windows Server. It's implementation of SAMBA is just crap and trying to copy more than one or two things from or to the server is an excellent way to crash the Finder every time.

It was stable on my personal Macs, but a godawful nightmare to use at work. As soon as we got Leopard I ditched it as fast as I could.

14. Jessica Lares macrumors G3

Jessica Lares

I took a picture of someone's iBook like 10 years ago. Also on a stool in my photography class. :p

15. redhatcode29 macrumors 6502

redhatcode29

The second image looks cool...black n silver, with the brick wall....could pass for a wallpaper !

16. redhatcode29 macrumors 6502

redhatcode29

One of mine.

Attached Files:

17. Gamer9430 macrumors 68020

Gamer9430

This could pass as a wall paper

18. Dronecatcher macrumors 68000

Dronecatcher

Powerbook with matching camera??

Attached Files:

19. eyoungren macrumors P6

eyoungren

And matching table!

20. Dronecatcher macrumors 68000

Dronecatcher

Ha ha :) All that metal demands the monochrome look!

21. redhatcode29 macrumors 6502

redhatcode29

hey...monochrome. nice.

22. Gamer9430 macrumors 68020

Gamer9430

Here are some pictures I took of my iBook G4 and Macintosh 512ke. I felt like the monochrome effect looked nice on these two computers, so I used it. Also, the only clean backdrop I had was my white closet doors, so I moved my little side table over and put the computer on it. Any comments?

Attached Files:

23. Gamer9430, Jan 22, 2015
    Last edited: Jan 22, 2015

Gamer9430 macrumors 68020

Gamer9430

EDIT: apparently I cannot upload more than one picture at once for some reason...

Attached Files:

24. Gamer9430, Jan 22, 2015

Gamer9430

25. Gamer9430, Jan 22, 2015

Gamer9430