Cool Macbook Pro Cases.

Discussion in 'Buying Tips and Advice' started by spencerinsb, Jun 15, 2009.

1. spencerinsb macrumors newbie

Hey, I just bought a new Macbook Pro 15" and am looking for the coolest case to cover my macbook. I saw a few months ago these kinda soft rubbery cases that people where using on there macs I can't seem to find them. They where kinda like iSkin but iSkin doesn't sell them. Anyone know the company name? Or any other cool covers thanks :)

2. thegoldenmackid macrumors 604

thegoldenmackid

3. Nasty Roo macrumors member

Is a case really necessary? I'm honestly asking, as I've never seen the use in one, other than it makes your computer bigger, heavier, and compromises the simple elegance of an Apple product.

I can understand wanting to protect your computer from any cosmetic damage, but I guess I baby mine so much I just couldn't imagine it receiving any damage.

Apparently I like to live life on the edge. :)

4. ecstasy macrumors 6502

ecstasy

A case is extremely great for traveling and whatnot.

5. casper1271 macrumors newbie

i believe the sleeves your talking about are the incase ones. They carry them online in the apple store, in the physical apple store near me (danbury ct mall) and the incase website.

6. stu3ufc macrumors member

i have a blue one for my macbook white

i love the white and blue together

sure white on its own makes it look slick

but i wanna protect it too from scatches and stuff

7. spencerinsb thread starter macrumors newbie

well....

I go all over the world like in september i'm going to Antarctica and so I won't want to be getting the back of it scratched so some protection would be nice... I just really loved those iSkin feeling type cases. but i can't find who makes them.

8. Mal macrumors 603

Mal

Speck Products See-Thru Satin cases are very nice, as are the InCase hard shells. I'm more of a fan of the Speck shell myself, though early ones had trouble with scratching (don't think I've heard those complaints more recently).

jW

9. Porscheboy16 macrumors member

I can't wait for Speck to release the 13" MBP cases. I want the orange hardcase.

The current 13" MB one won't fit because the ports are different.