Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

apersianboyCOM

macrumors 6502
Dec 28, 2008
London, UK
its blatently going to be a stock photo on the laptops when they come out, just wait 3 weeks, Apple wont use a photo thats available in other places on the web due to copyright issues, it will be one theyve taken and edited themselves.

thanks, so hopefully it'll be available on the new 17" MBP! :)

mAc-warrior

macrumors member
May 11, 2004
its blatently going to be a stock photo on the laptops when they come out, just wait 3 weeks, Apple wont use a photo thats available in other places on the web due to copyright issues, it will be one theyve taken and edited themselves.

Have there ever been any photos from promotional materials included with a Mac? I don't think there have on any of my 7 Macs... However, I could be wrong.

--mAc

oc2pus

macrumors member
May 15, 2008
Germany
Didn't find that particular one, but here's a link of hundreds of peacock feather pics for your enjoyment.

http://www.fotosearch.com/photos-images/peacock-feather.html

Hopefully one will tide you over until you get the one you really want. Also to let you know google brings up 179,000 peacock feather pics with a simple search.

Thank you... on first glace, this one is quite nice:
http://www.fotosearch.com/bthumb/Corbis/DGT082/42-15534301.jpg

I just saw, they come at a price :(

Sebben

macrumors newbie
Jan 11, 2009
I rescaled the PR image, not that great but prehaps better than nothing.
peacock_02.jpg

Taegre

macrumors member
Jan 3, 2009
Canada
Or Even...

...or (with a little more work). The attached file is a drastically smaller file than the original (11 MB), but MacRumors won't let me attach anything above 1.1MB.

Attachments

• DPP_0001.JPG
    DPP_0001.JPG
    722.2 KB · Views: 113

owen29051992

macrumors newbie
Jan 11, 2009
Scotland
so did this come as a stock image with the new MBP unibody 17"? if it has could someone pleeeeease upload it?

if it has not has anyone got the proper edited version to look like the one on the apple store (im not very good at photo editing so cant do it myself!)

its such a cool picture.

MAC-PRO-DEMON

macrumors 6502a
Jul 10, 2008
Up north in Yorkshire :)
I got mine yesterday, and unfortunatly the picture is not there... If you notice... The image is shown in full screen so is probhably not a background....
I will delve into the library and try and find the image....

Jack

kastenbrust

macrumors 68030
Dec 26, 2008
North Korea
Really? Are you saying that the space shots were taken by a MacHubble telescope?

no im saying they were stock images payed for from a website, so Apple retained the copyright and didnt get sued for using it in their adverts, as the guy who wrote above you already showed :confused:

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.