iPod Cool Program (CoverFlow)

asif786

macrumors 65816
Jun 17, 2004
London, UK.
yeah, i noticed this app last week..

it was slow, but you're right - it's cool - i love the whole glossy table effect :)

Eluon

macrumors regular
Apr 14, 2005
Spring, Texas
Nice..

I am not having a problem with its speed. I am, however, having a problem getting off of it! Thanks for the link, I think it is a great program!

asif786

macrumors 65816
Jun 17, 2004
London, UK.
Diatribe said:
I've been playing with this for a while now. It's pretty awesome but slow??? If you're on a G3 maybe. It runs fine on my 12" PB.

hmm..well i did use it last week while my hard disk was dying..so maybe that played a part..

it wasn't too slow while using it - but the first rn where it looks for all your art took long for me (iMac G5)

Diatribe

macrumors 601
Jan 8, 2004
Back in the motherland
asif786 said:
hmm..well i did use it last week while my hard disk was dying..so maybe that played a part..

it wasn't too slow while using it - but the first rn where it looks for all your art took long for me (iMac G5)
The first run takes long for everybody. It still is only a technical demo, so a lot of optimization will come its way. Anyway, hope you didn't have too much trouble with your HD and did backup your data.

furryrabidbunny

macrumors 6502
Original poster
May 10, 2005
Mesa, AZ
i noticed last night though, it didn't load all of my albums. did anyone else notice this? It would be awesome if apple developed something like this for the big 5.0

asif786

macrumors 65816
Jun 17, 2004
London, UK.
furryrabidbunny said:
i noticed last night though, it didn't load all of my albums. did anyone else notice this? It would be awesome if apple developed something like this for the big 5.0
I think it only loads full albums..at least I think so..Although I'm not sure how it would determine what a full album is?

asif786

macrumors 65816
Jun 17, 2004
London, UK.
Diatribe said:
The first run takes long for everybody. It still is only a technical demo, so a lot of optimization will come its way. Anyway, hope you didn't have too much trouble with your HD and did backup your data.
Thanks -- I managed to save everything apart from my iTunes music..which Apple is now refusing to let me re-download. Thanks Apple - your lame hard drive crashes and I have no music now. Super.

quackattack

macrumors 6502a
Aug 13, 2004
Boise, ID
furryrabidbunny said:
Just what I was thinking. This would be amazing if it was integrated into itunes.

By the way, it only loads albums over 20 min. You can change this in the preferences.

Capt Underpants

macrumors 68030
Jul 23, 2003
Austin, Texas
asif786 said:
I think it only loads full albums..at least I think so..Although I'm not sure how it would determine what a full album is?
You can change how it determines a full album. The default is that it has to be 20 minutes long.

supergod

macrumors 6502
Jul 14, 2004
Toronto
After using the app I found that it took up far too much space on my hard drive so I deleted it, along with all of the prefs and support files that came up with spotlight and ran permissions. Still a fair amount of space is being mysteriously taken up.

Capt Underpants

macrumors 68030
Jul 23, 2003
Austin, Texas
supergod said:
After using the app I found that it took up far too much space on my hard drive so I deleted it, along with all of the prefs and support files that came up with spotlight and ran permissions. Still a fair amount of space is being mysteriously taken up.
It's only taking up like 60 megs for me. How much space are we talking about here?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.