Cool scanner for iPad

spy008

macrumors newbie
May 17, 2010
Course you could just use the vuescan app and no need any additional equipment other than whatever scanner you have now.

poloponies

Suspended
Original poster
May 3, 2010
Course you could just use the vuescan app and no need any additional equipment other than whatever scanner you have now.
Can't quite fit my existing scanner (part of an all-in-one printer) into my briefcase.

anthonymoody

macrumors 68030
Aug 8, 2002
+1

Can't quite fit my existing scanner (part of an all-in-one printer) into my briefcase.
Cn you bring the document home? Or, is there a networked scanner where you tend to go? Not trying to be silly but...seriously, how often are you out and about where you really need to scan something "right now" that can't simply be brought with you back to home base?

poloponies

Suspended
Original poster
May 3, 2010
+1

Cn you bring the document home? Or, is there a networked scanner where you tend to go? Not trying to be silly but...seriously, how often are you out and about where you really need to scan something "right now" that can't simply be brought with you back to home base?
It's not necessarily for me, but there are lots of people whose offices are their cars and this is a decent alternative (yes, you'd need an inverter for your 12V outlet). Not every solution is one-size-fits-all.

AceCoolie

macrumors regular
Jun 19, 2009
Seems cool. I know there are scan type apps that use the camera but the iPad's camera is so lame this might be a good alternative.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.