COOL: Star Wars-The Force Unleashed for iPhone

Discussion in 'iOS Apps' started by fsartono, Jul 30, 2008.

1. fsartono macrumors member

2. rhett7660 macrumors G4

rhett7660

You are not spamming the boards to promote your product are you?

:rolleyes:

3. design-is macrumors 65816

design-is

4. thunderclap macrumors 6502a

thunderclap

I'd say it's unlikely since this is not the OP first post.

5. chrisb3 macrumors regular

More likely he's promoting his blog. ;)

6. Heraklitus macrumors member

That looks like a lot of fun--I like the creative way of making it something doable on the iPhone platform.

If it's $10 or less I'd get it.

7. rockinrocker macrumors 65816

rockinrocker

Spammy McSpamspam.
    (Though TFU looks pretty sweet)

8. fsartono thread starter macrumors member

Guys . just to set the record straight, i'm not spamming to promote my product nor my blog .. just sharing something I found and thought was cool ..
    The game wasn't written by me and the blog doesn't belong to me ..

9. thechidz macrumors 68000

thechidz

it does look cool. hopefully there will be some first person fight jet functionality

10. SlapMonkey macrumors regular

My problem with this game is it's really nothing more than a pretty looking Dragon's Lair game. If you remember that game, it just plays prerecorded movies and then at a certain point you have to choose to go left, right or attack. If you choose correctly the movie continues to play forward, if you choose wrong, then it jumps to a death scene part of the movie.

This seems to be the same thing here. You do the correct gesture, it continues the movie. You do the wrong gesture, you get the death scene. I really thought we've progressed beyond these types of games. This one really should be a real time action game not a point-and-click-to-choose-the-next-scene-of-the-movie game. That was fine for the 1980s but, game play has advanced quite a bit since then... and I'm sure this will still sell just because it's a Star Wars game, but still, doesn't seem fun to me.

Just my 2 cents. Who knows, I may change my opinion once I've tried it.

11. fsartono thread starter macrumors member

Slightly OT, I'd like to see LucasArts re-release the Monkey Island & Indiana Jones series for the iPhone. I think the game-play / controls wouldn't be too difficult to implement on the iPhone platform and it will be more than just 'moving along with pre-recorded videos' as slapmonkey pointed out.

12. n8236 macrumors 65816

That looks freakin' cool! But i'm worried about replay value lol.

13. egor macrumors regular

Agreed. It hardly even constitutes what I'd call a game. Everything you need to do is explicitly shown, so you don't even have to think. Maybe you have to react, but it doesn't look like you have to be fast. A bit like those QTR events in Shenmue, fun in very small amounts.

14. Telp macrumors 68040

Telp

I saw this a couple weeks ago on Gizmodo. Looks quite decent, not my style of gaming (no lightsaber use, thats wack), but the graphics and gameplay look terrific. Can't wait for more apps like this.

15. w00tini macrumors 6502a

this was on TouchArcade weeks ago... just an FYI

16. SlapMonkey macrumors regular

Really? You think the gameplay is terrific? I'm just asking, maybe it's me or maybe you know something about this game that I don't but, you do realize you can't move your character yourself at all, you can't hit, kick, punch, swing or fire anything. All you can do is, when it shows a gesture on the screen, you do that gesture and the little "game movie" you are watching continues on to fight the enemies itself. This kind of "gameplay" just really irritates me. Like I said previously, this was fine in the 1980s with a game like Dragon's Lair, but we are so beyond that now... no?

17. RFR79 macrumors member

I have to agree. Why is there no up close light saber battles? No hand to hand fighting. I will buy this game for the xbox 360, not for the iphone.