Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Gualwer

macrumors regular
Original poster
Sep 4, 2015
What are some cool things you can do with your MacBook that not everyone is aware of? and I'm talking about every day useful things to do work or everyday activities more efficiently. Don't limit yourself, even if its a cool app thats does something cool, let me know. Also, anything related to keeping your iOS devices synced with your MacBook that would be cool to know, too.

I'm always up for trying new apps. So any advice or tips are welcomed.

TMRJIJ

macrumors 68040
Dec 12, 2011
South Carolina, United States
umm.. okay. I'll bite.

I use my MacBook Pro (mid 2010) mostly for school work (Computer Science major and Music Minor) and working on Projects in signature. I found that these apps really help me a lot in just simple everyday tasks over the years.

• Blocs - A web design app that while new and somewhat of a learning curve is a excellent replacement for those who miss and still used iWeb.
  • Coda 2 - probably my favorite app mostly for web development that supports a wide variety of coding languages. It includes FTP support, SSH access, plug-ins, and more.
  • iFlicks 2 - meta tagging/converting movies and tv shows that you may acquire from other sources into iTunes for iOS devices (legally, I hope). I use it to add subtitles since my niece is hearing impaired.
  • iStudiez Pro - For use in school or college which keeps track of your schedule, homework and grades. Available on macOS, iOS, WatchOS, Android, and Windows.
  • Notability- An excellent note taking app for macOS and iOS. iCloud supported.
  • Pixelmator - No need to explain this one. It already replaced Adobe's creative apps for me. This app take advantage of all of the latest features in macOS and iOS and optimized with Metal for excellent graphics performance.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.