cool to run eyetv on my imac? 4ever?

Discussion in 'Buying Tips and Advice' started by smattmul, Jun 3, 2008.

1. smattmul macrumors member

smattmul

after yesterdays hot temps, i have my room fan blowing on it and i don't mind the noise when the tv is on.

I leave my eyetv running all the time and fall asleep watching TV. on my 24in new iMac

Do you see a potential problem

some people are like your temps are too hot and others are like that is what they do.

but i was more concerned about the screen and burn in
    thanks fore easing my worries

2. iToaster macrumors 68000

iToaster

There won't be any screen burn in, but the screen's backlight will suffer from being on for however long you are sleeping. Warmer temperatures in the computer shouldn't be a problem, except perhaps the stress on your fans, but I wouldn't worry about that.

3. smattmul thread starter macrumors member

smattmul

i thought monitors these days last forever as long as they don't display the same picture (i.e burn in) . I have never witnessed burn in but it is private enemy # 1, I have a monitor from close to when i was born and weights about as much as me.

why else do we have screen savers? black light???? Is it like a projection tv bulb.?

i don't even know what that is (black light) , or how i make it last for the time i need it (4 years tops)

thank you, so should i not leave it on all day, i thought about leaving it on to make it seem less likely to be stolen, should i buy a radio instead? or buy a real TV to fall asleep too?

4. i.shaun macrumors 6502a

i.shaun

I worry more about the eyeTV USB device itself, do you see how hot it gets after just 1 hour? I'm afraid to leave it running because it might cause a fire or burn itself out

5. smattmul thread starter macrumors member

smattmul

i feel really dumb setting up all these fans aimed at my comp and me sitting here in a pool of sweat