CoolBook -- no frequency options. Help!

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by tabakj, Jul 29, 2009.

1. tabakj macrumors newbie

I posted this in the MacBook Air forum a couple days ago. Got 150+ views, but no replies. Can anyone help? CoolBook's support has not replied to my email...

Original post:
    I just installed Coolbook (version 2.14, the latest download available from www.coolbook.se) on my Rev. B Air (1.6GHz/120GB) and activated my license.

When I open Coolbook, the only frequency option in the drop-down menu is 1596 MHz. I have read the Coolbook manual. I tried restarting my Air. I tried uninstalling and reinstalling and reactivating Coolbook. I cannot determine the problem.

Any ideas? I cannot figure out how to get Coolbook to allow me to set frequencies other than 1596 MHz. The default Coolbook settings are 798 MHz @ .925V and 1596 MHZ @ 1.0V. I can change the voltage of the 1596 MHz setting, but I can't even modify the 798 MHz setting that the program preconfigured.

Thanks in advance!

2. Lounge Deluxe macrumors regular

This might not be the answer you're looking for but did you already email the developer? I contacted Magnus a few times at support@coolbook.se and he's quite responsive. Let us know his solution to your problem as it might be helpful to other Coolbook users with a similar problem!

3. maflynn Moderator

maflynn

Staff Member

I'm with the other poster, you'll get better and more helpful feedback from the vendor then asking here.

4. occamsrazor macrumors 6502

occamsrazor

5. Lounge Deluxe macrumors regular

occamsrazor, just perform a search on these forums and you'll find dozens of threads about the mighty Coolbook.

The app you're pointing to does not do the same or similar as Coolbook though.

6. tabakj thread starter macrumors newbie

Well, I emailed Magnus on Monday and haven't heard back yet. As soon as I do, I'll post whatever info I receive.