coolbook settings on new 2.53 mbp?

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by littleasian, Jul 2, 2009.

1. littleasian macrumors member

does anyone have any recommended settings for voltage values using coolbook on a 2.53 mbp?

i hear this dramatically reduces the heat created from the laptop but i dont have time to fiddle around and test every little value.

anybody wanna help a fellow mac-ophile out?

2. josico macrumors newbie

i'm actually having some problems getting coolbook to run. it was running fine on my uMBP 2.53 before i registered it, but after registration, it asked me to reboot, i did and now every time i try to run the controller again the MBP would freeze. at the bar up top where the clock is, i see the snowflake icon show up as well as a blank white square next to it. could it be something is in conflict?

i can't seem to be able to uninstall it either as i need to be able to get the program up and running before i can do that according to the manual. i've got quick silver running and that's about it. i've tried starting up the controller w/ QS closed and same thing. any ideas?

3. Lounge Deluxe macrumors regular

Unfortunately for you every cpu is unique, so the only way to find what values are appropriate for your specific cpu is trial and error. It took me an hour or so but in the end it's been worth every minute because my MBP runs about 10 degrees celsius cooler when idle and under full load never gets above 75 degrees celsius (it's a 2.93Ghz).

4. littleasian thread starter macrumors member

could you post your settings? i'll just give them a whirl

are there are confirmed working settings (like all voltage at 1.0) for those who are afraid of tampering too much with their laptop (but want a cooler laptop)?

5. Lounge Deluxe macrumors regular

I don't know what good that's gonna do as we have different cpu's, but here are my settings (use these settings on your own responsibility of course).

[​IMG]

6. derlockere macrumors member

Hi Josico!

I had exactly the same issue. I wrote to Magnus and he sent me instructions and another version which solved the issue. Now it's running perfectly on my uMBP mid2009

7. dr. shdw macrumors 6502a

What version #?

8. derlockere macrumors member