Coolbook works

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by tecknical, Aug 23, 2008.

1. tecknical macrumors regular

well i read a couple of threads about the so-called cooling miracle, the coolbook. i thought it was a hoax at first, but it actually seems to work. i undervolted my CPU (is that even a work) and now im getting idle temps about 4-5C cooler. I'm not joking, i used to idle at around 48-49 when browsing the internet and listening to iTunes, and right now I'm at 44C. its not an enormous drop, but i think the drop might be greater when the processor is under more strain since the voltage is significantly less. It wont solve your MBP cooling woes, but it does help a little in the way of higher temps. Try it if you have $10 laying around

2. Firefly2002 macrumors 65816

Undervolting's always a good idea, and AFAIK, there are no drawbacks (other than potentially extending your CPUs life ;))

3. alphaod macrumors Core

alphaod

4. kgeier82 macrumors 65816

coolbook is nice, but... pray to go you never uninstall and need to reinstall it. Thats even if you can get it to reactivate.

I had to do a fresh install one time, the guy that sells coolbook was very helpful with emails, but stated Id have to buy a new 10$. I ended up skipping that.