Coolest thing i've ever seen done with iPhone's

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Roofy., Oct 15, 2010.

1. ahfu25 macrumors 6502a

2. dissdnt macrumors 65816

dissdnt

That's the best version they've done of that song haha.

Jobs should bring them out the on the 20th to wrap up the presentation.

3. AppleCode macrumors regular

AppleCode

Thats so awesome and creative thanks so much for posting

4. Roo Zilla macrumors regular

5. Pattycerts macrumors 6502

Not to piss on the thread but its just a couple instrument apps, easily written for any OS and probably already available for Android too. Still is pretty cool.

6. ozzyman500 macrumors 65816

That was so cool! Sucks they got their instruments stolen though. Hope they find who stole it!

7. samcraig macrumors P6

You should have stopped with the "That was so creative!!"

Why bring up windows phones? This non-sensical bashing is ridiculous. You don't need to put something else down to enjoy what you have.

Wow.

8. Amnesia87 macrumors 6502

there are music apps for android phones, yes, but not quite the same quality, and apple phones most definitely have the most responsive touch screens, which certainly helps with uses like that.

regardless though, this thread (and the video) weren't made to attack other phones, it was just something cool done with nothing but iphones (i believe even the video was recorded on iphones)

9. QuarterSwede macrumors G3

QuarterSwede

I think Lonnie Lazar's response to the video says it pretty well:

10. LIVEFRMNYC macrumors 603

Sure, I would love to see the same type of music apps on another mobile OS perform that flawless without a bunch of hiccups.

11. samcraig macrumors P6

Who cares? Really. It's only barely amusing that people care so much about the "competition" instead of just enjoying the video for what it is and leaving it at that. But no.. it has to turn into a debate...

12. Pink∆Floyd macrumors 68020

Pink∆Floyd

No, you're wrong, if it were as easy as you've mentioned, then it would've been done a long time ago, since it could be as easily written...

13. PhaserFuzz macrumors 6502

Anyone know what apps these guys are using? I want that guitar one. Also was the singer actually using an app or just pretending the phone was a mic?

14. sinsin07 macrumors 68030

^
    This makes the most sense. Never understood why people worry about the competition. If you own an iphone, there is no competition, just close contenders. It reminds me of a word, fear.

15. LouieSamman macrumors 6502a

LouieSamman

Love how much you can do with the iPhone.

It's for creative thinkers and doers.

& it's there for people to use the device with ease of mind from a simple yet powerful OS

16. greygray macrumors 68000

greygray

17. paulisme macrumors 6502

Fake. Everyone knows iPhones can only be used for consuming content, not creating it. :rolleyes:

18. LIVEFRMNYC macrumors 603

I care, and so does the user I replied to.

BTW... With out users caring about the competition the iPhone wouldn't be half of what it is today. And that goes for Jailbreaking too.

19. calvy macrumors 65816

20. kdarling macrumors demi-god

kdarling

Then, of course, there is the famous "Phone Guitar":

Made out of 2 Android devices, 2 Windows Mobile devices and 1 iPod Touch, all loaded with music-based apps, taped with battery powered speakers to a stick.

The designer, named Steffest, wrote the same piano/drum sequencer app in Java (Android), C# (WinMo) and Objective-C (iPod), for an ad on cross-development.

Later, I believe he used some commercial apps for this video of: Cracklin Rosie on a Whole Lotta Mobile Phones

Attached Files:

21. ahfu25 macrumors 6502a

My apologies

22. Mliii macrumors 65816

Mliii

Funny! I agree! I think it sounds even better than the studio version. AND, it's really a well done video of a clever. creative use of the iPhone. GREAT music video, staged (as some have claimed) or not.
    (Oh, and Yes, I DID buy the song after watching this video):eek:

23. matrix07 macrumors 68040

matrix07

Surprised nobody mentioned it yet. It was recorded on an iPhone and I'm surprised it canceled ambient noise pretty well considering they recorded it on a train.

24. Roofy. thread starter macrumors 6502a

The background noise was probably pretty silent. and to be honest, the microphone on the iphone is ALOT better than any other phone. I have a friend with a droid incredible who cant even get a decent recording at a bar yet I've recorded myself playing the DRUMS at full volume with little to none distortion at all.

I doubt it was the background noise but more that the iphones mic was good enough.