Copied iPad App from Apple and selling it

Discussion in 'iPad Apps' started by munkees, Jun 8, 2010.

1. munkees macrumors 65816

munkees

I was searching for metal detector apps for the iPad when I came across this app iTesla from Hensley Industries, LLC

This apps is available as sample code from Apple, yes that is right some guy is selling a sample app, for $0.99, one the guy did not write, just compiled and submitted it to Apple.

now here are 2 screen one it from the same code which I compiled down loaded from :apple:. Here is the source code

the one being sold

[​IMG]

the example from :apple:

[​IMG]

Attached Files:

2. Consultant macrumors G5

Consultant

Wow that's pretty shady. I bet Apple will use the ban hammer on this thief.

3. lucidmedia macrumors 6502a

if you go through Apple's demos you will find that there are hundreds of such rip offs in the app store... this is pretty common actually... Apple gives out this code because they wan't people to use it...

at least in this demo the person compiling the app made some changes to the assets...

4. munkees thread starter macrumors 65816

munkees

still seem dishonest to sell it for $0.99.

5. Crosbie macrumors 6502a

Crosbie

I suspect that Apple will have noticed this when they approved it...

Btw... Metal detector app?

6. MRU macrumors demi-god

MRU

Yep thanks Steve. It's truly great that 95% of Apps pass your approval pro cress. Just a shame then that only 15% are any use and the remaining 80% are simple / stupid / useless knockoff apps that should never have been approved if quality control was actualy meant to stand for something.

7. master-ceo macrumors 65816

master-ceo

fa real! I saw a fingerprint remover app the other day. SMGDH The app store needs a serious clean-up. Glad I learned my way around it without getting burnt too bad.

I also started keeping track of the Lazy Devs like this one and avoid their apps.