Copied iTunes library, iPod

Discussion in 'iPod' started by Sijmen, Feb 22, 2008.

1. Sijmen macrumors 6502a

I bought an iMac to accompany my PowerBook. To import my music to the new iMac, I just copied the whole iTunes directory off the Time Machine backup of the PowerBook.

My iPod then synced without question with the iMac, apparently because it's considered the 'same' library.

Now the problem comes when I connect the iPod to my PowerBoook: it starts syncing to the outdated database on my PB, that's not what I want. (The reason I connect the iPod is just to charge it). I tried disabling syncing, but then I got a warning that all music would be deleted from the iPod, which is obviously not what I want.

So now I have two libraries with different contents but (I think) the same ID, and I want my iPod to only sync with one of them. What to do?

2. iHerzeleid macrumors 6502a

iHerzeleid

Why not set the iPod up to Manually manage Music? That way you don't have to get that library message every time you connect it to a computer.

3. Sijmen thread starter macrumors 6502a

Well I don't want to manually sync, I only want it to sync to the iMac, not the PowerBook. But the iPod doesn't seem able to differentiate between the two.