Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

hypervish89

macrumors regular
Original poster
Apr 6, 2010
Has anyone bought CoPilot Live Standard USA? If so, how is it? For only $5, I'm thinking of buying it and giving it a shot. I tried to look for review's on it, but didn't find any.

kenobe23

macrumors member
Dec 1, 2004
I have Copilot North America. I bought it because it was (at least at the time) the cheapest full-featured navigation app.

For me the best thing about it is being able to use it without data, GPS only. I live in Canada, so when I travel to the States I like to have GPS, but don't want to pay crazy data roaming fees.

It's an okay app that has come in really handy at times. I find the interface is a bit clunky to use, sometimes I have to poke around to find the menu I want. I had one instance where either the map was wrong, or I misunderstood it, and ended up going the wrong way. The other issue I've had is that the voice directions don't always mesh with the image.

If you need GPS now, and don't want to pay more, it will do the job. There have been many times that I've been glad to have copilot. I'm curious to try some of the bigger-name products, though, to see if there is a better option.

takeshi74

macrumors 601
Feb 9, 2011
Haven't used it on the iPhone but I have used it on my Droid and I'd agree with the comments above. TomTom and Navigon aren't as clunky IMO.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.