CoPilot on 2 devices?

Discussion in 'iOS Apps' started by rendez2k, Sep 14, 2009.

1. rendez2k macrumors 6502

rendez2k

If I purchase CoPilot (or any SatNav for that matter) can it be installed on two iPhones?

2. inf macrumors 6502

inf

All apps can be installed on 5 phones (they all have to use the same iTunes account I think)

3. rendez2k thread starter macrumors 6502

rendez2k

Well the other phone is mine but my wife is using it. She has her own iTunes account but is there anything stopping me logging in as me and re-downloading the app then logging back in as her?

4. SpaceKitty macrumors 68040

SpaceKitty

Nothing stopping you at all and the apps will work. Just make sure when you login with her account that you authorize your computer.

5. rendez2k thread starter macrumors 6502

rendez2k

Good! Seems like a bit of an over-sight though on apples part. Surly being able to install expensive apps on multiple phones is loosing them sales?!

6. tivoboy macrumors 68030

purchase or use?

Does one have to simply use the account for the download and INSTALL part, or for the constant use? I mean, I have an itunes account and so does my wife. I would love to be able to have her have my copilot or other app for that matter on her iphone too, for the VERY limited use she would make of it.

7. Fedorov macrumors 6502

My wife's iPhone and my own are using the SAME account so we share all the apps including the satnavs.

I did try logging into my friends iPhone with my iTunes account and downloading a couple of my games, they download and install fine and play fine, UNTIL you next sync your iPhone with your own iTunes account.
    After that whenever she touched the icon to launch the app it just returned to the icons.

8. gendaito macrumors member

Purchased Apps on more than one iphone w/multiple iTunes accounts

What you do is the following, you can put purchased apps on up to 5 computers.
    Lets say you have XYZ app on your phone & you want it on your wifes phone.
    Launch your wifes itunes account, connect your phone, authorize the computer, go up to file & select "transfer purchases from phone to this account". It will then put all purchased songs, apps, etc. in her account. From there you connect her phone & select what you want to transfer.

Cheers

9. tivoboy macrumors 68030

thanks

thanks all, I'm going to give it a try.