CoPilot ver 8.0.0.469 Released

Discussion in 'iOS Apps' started by Scooterman1, Nov 4, 2009.

1. Scooterman1 macrumors 6502a

Scooterman1

New version released last night. iPod Music controls within CoPilot. The lowered volume during TTS still to come in a later update.

They also updated the Maps and have added some missing streets.

I had been using G-Maps, have used this one for about 2-3 weeks, and I think it's a fantastic App for the low price of $35. The competition is going to be hard pressed to come even close to the features/price.

This is what they list as new:

What's new

- In-app access to iPod controls
    - Fixed Lat/Lon destination entry
    - Ability to turn off Text-to-Speech help
    - Improved User Interface performance
    - Additional GPS performance improvements

2. TruckdriverSean macrumors 6502a

I downloaded the update last night.

Used it some today. Pretty happy with it overall, I still give CoPilot an 8/10.

Ipod controls are nice, but it A) seems to launch into an "on the go" playlist maker by default, but you still have your familiar iPod selections along the bottom. This brings me to irritation B) that it does not seem able to register the podcasts in my library, and instead tells me "You can download podcasts from iTunes." It kinda freaked me out considering how many podcasts I listen to during the day, so I exited back out and checked to make sure they were still there. :eek: They were. :D

The ability to turn off TTS has been there since the last version (when I bought CoPilot) but now when you hit "mute" it remembers that setting on closing. So no more wasting time having to go in and re-mute every time you start up.

The mute thing is really nice considering my biggest gripe with CoPilot, the constant notification of upcoming turns when there isn't anything even related to a "turn" coming up. While I rarely have this problem on the interstate highways, it is a constant PITA on smaller US/state highways and back roads.

"Two miles ahead, stay on U.S. 82".

"One mile ahead, stay on U.S. 82".

"Now, stay on U.S. 82"

(dirt road crosses the path of the highway)

Its a freaking DIRT ROAD! Oh my goodness, I nearly veered off in utter confusion!

Now have that happen every 10-15 miles or so during a 2-hour backwoods trip.

Mute?

Check!

Sean