Coppertino Launches New VOX Music Player for iPhone, LOOP Music Locker With Limited Time Discount

MacRumors

macrumors bot
Original poster
Apr 12, 2001

Last month we shared news of Coppertino's upcoming VOX Music Player for iPhone and its new LOOP music locker, and some MacRumors readers helped beta test the new products. As of today, Coppertino is launching the new LOOP music storage service, updating its Mac app, and releasing its new iOS app.

Coppertino has had a VOX Music Player app for the Mac since 2013, but today's iOS app release marks the company's first expansion to Apple's mobile devices. Like the Mac app, the iOS app is designed to play any type of music file, including high-quality FLAC files.

VOX for iPhone's key features include:

- Support for nearly all lossless (FLAC) and lossy (MP3) file formats;
- Full quality playback with no downscaling or converting;
- Proprietary BASS engine delivers crystal clear audio and even makes and MP3 sounds amazing;
- Easy iTunes integration including playlists;
- Soundcloud, Last FM and other third-party integration.
Along with the iOS app, Coppertino is also debuting its cloud-based music locker service, LOOP. LOOP is built into both the VOX Music Player for Mac and the new iOS app, offering users unlimited cloud-based storage for all of their music files. Songs stored in LOOP can be streamed in full quality to any device using the VOX Mac and iOS apps, and songs can be cached for offline playing.

Unlike many popular music lockers like iTunes Match and Google Play Music, LOOP is able to support any type of audio file, including FLAC, playing songs natively through the VOX apps with no transcoding. VOX Music Player for iOS and Mac are free, but using the LOOP cloud music storage service requires a subscription that's priced at $49.99 per year or $4.99 per month.

Key LOOP features include:
- Infinite storage space for nearly any audio file, from FLAC, CUE, WAV, MP3 and more;
- High-quality playback on iPhone or Mac;
- Manage, organize and play your entire music collection on iPhone or Mac;
- Unlimited offline playback and cache for music on the go.
MacRumors readers who beta tested the LOOP music service have the option to purchase a subscription at the discounted price of $34.99 to thank them for their help, but Coppertino is also providing all MacRumors readers with a $10 discount. Any MacRumors reader who subscribes to the LOOP music service between 10 a.m. Eastern Time and 5 p.m. Eastern Time on April 15 will be able to get a year of LOOP service for $39.99 instead of $49.99. Anyone wanting the MacRumors discount must purchase LOOP directly from Coppertino using this link.

VOX Music Player for Mac with the LOOP music locker integration can be downloaded from the Coppertino website. The Mac App Store version of the app will be updated in a few days.

The new Vox Music Player app for iPhone can be downloaded from the App Store for free and should be rolling out now. [Direct Link]

Article Link: Coppertino Launches New VOX Music Player for iPhone, LOOP Music Locker With Limited Time Discount

Trik

macrumors 6502
Jan 18, 2011
Washington, DC
So you're saying Vox can stream FLAC files from LOOP? If a person does this on their LTE connection, they're going to hit their data cap fairly quickly...

ArtOfWarfare

macrumors G3
Nov 26, 2007
This is a very short limited time promotion. Just a 7 hour window, and we're already half an hour into it.

Doesn't matter. Not interested.

Traverse

macrumors 604
Mar 11, 2013
Here
I find it's design much better than the default Music app, but I have no need for their service.

acrist

macrumors newbie
Jul 13, 2012
I find it's design much better than the default Music app, but I have no need for their service.

VOX still is Music Player that can play FLAC/Music.app/SoundCloud/Radio

----------

So you're saying Vox can stream FLAC files from LOOP? If a person does this on their LTE connection, they're going to hit their data cap fairly quickly...

In settings you can offline when cellular and avoid data usage. Flac could be downloaded local

ScottyTheMenace

macrumors member
Apr 5, 2013
Just downloaded this. The first thing I noticed? Absolutely nothing. No music. No playlists. Nothing. I thought that it was just another "free" app as a scam for a paid service, in this case their LOOP cloud storage. Then, 5 minutes later, my iTunes library appeared. No warning, no status bar telling me it was loading my library. I had no idea it was doing anything. They should fix that. Show a progress bar or something. Same experience later when I opened “Collections”, their useless renaming of what everyone else in the known universe calls “Playlists”. (I never understand why companies do that. Terms are not differentiators. Just call common things what everyone calls them and stop introducing needless confusion.)

As for the app, sadly, it's obsessed with album art, making the navigational experience with a large library tiresome. They need a “no art” simple list option. When many of the album covers are wrong because iTunes downloaded the wrong art (and when playlists often contain multiple artists and albums anyway), focusing on album art is confusing, cumbersome, and often misleading.

Also, they need to un-flatten the listing for the same reason. Taps are more efficient than scrolling. List artists that I can tap into to see their albums. A long list of albums, with no way through them but scrolling, is painful.

Initial impressions not good so far. We'll see how things go as I use it though.

ScottyTheMenace

macrumors member
Apr 5, 2013
Not a real compelling reason for me to use it

Been using this all day. Unless you require access to music types not supported by iTunes (which I never do) then I don't see the appeal over Apple's apps. Navigation is poorly conceived and too flat for large libraries, loading the library is spotty (I still can't see my iTunes playlists on the Mac), and the interface is clunky and overly focused on album art except in the only only place I care about it: when the song is playing.

Pass. Back to iTunes and the Music app for me.

acrist

macrumors newbie
Jul 13, 2012
Just downloaded this. The first thing I noticed? Absolutely nothing. No music. No playlists. Nothing. I thought that it was just another "free" app as a scam for a paid service, in this case their LOOP cloud storage. Then, 5 minutes later, my iTunes library appeared. No warning, no status bar telling me it was loading my library. I had no idea it was doing anything. They should fix that. Show a progress bar or something. Same experience later when I opened “Collections”, their useless renaming of what everyone else in the known universe calls “Playlists”. (I never understand why companies do that. Terms are not differentiators. Just call common things what everyone calls them and stop introducing needless confusion.)

As for the app, sadly, it's obsessed with album art, making the navigational experience with a large library tiresome. They need a “no art” simple list option. When many of the album covers are wrong because iTunes downloaded the wrong art (and when playlists often contain multiple artists and albums anyway), focusing on album art is confusing, cumbersome, and often misleading.

Also, they need to un-flatten the listing for the same reason. Taps are more efficient than scrolling. List artists that I can tap into to see their albums. A long list of albums, with no way through them but scrolling, is painful.

Initial impressions not good so far. We'll see how things go as I use it though.

Buddy, if you have any suggestions, you can always contact developers directly.

VOX for iPhone - is REALLY FREE MUSIC PLAYER, and really music player. VOX is not about 'just an other control' for your iTunes.