Cops Tackle Suspicious Man at U.S. Capitol

FoxyKaye

macrumors 68000
So what happened to this guy? Was he "disappeared"? I caught the blip on the news pages yesterday, and then, nothing...

I mean, what if he was just a dude with a thing for black and a lot of carry-on baggage from his flight? I actually thought the whole incident was a little freaky, since the definition of "suspicious" is highly subjective. What makes a person "suspicious"? Is there one action that says, "I'm not just a European tourist taking a look at the White House while enjoying a day's layover in DC, but in fact some Matrix-agent type dude with sinister plans for global conquest?"

Now I kinda want to go to DC and launch a little experiment on suspicious behaviour...

killuminati

macrumors 68020
Dec 6, 2004
FoxyKaye said:
Is there one action that says, "I'm not just a European tourist taking a look at the White House while enjoying a day's layover in DC, but in fact some Matrix-agent type dude with sinister plans for global conquest?"
Yes, he was definately a European tourist because he was from China.

Sun Baked

macrumors G5
May 19, 2002

Isn't that guy a panty salesman? I would have thought he had an appointment to deliver samples.

Maybe it was canceled because he tried to deliver inferior product that wandered around and chafed.

aplasticspork

macrumors regular
May 27, 2004
Seattle Wa.
there was an article in the seattle times about it today, i'll see if i can get a readable picture of it and post it here (dont have a scanner so i have to use a digital camera)...

wish me luck :)

EDIT: link ...there was an excellent picture in the newspaper though, so i'll try to post a picture of that since it doesnt seem to be on the seattle times website. it shows the police/secret service people sneaking up behind him...

EDIT2: picture...

--andrzej

Attachments

jnicolso1

macrumors member
Sep 1, 2004
Adelaide
killuminati said:
Yes, he was definately a European tourist because he was from China.
Actually he is an Australian Citizen, he is being deported back to Australia without charge. It seems like he got off pretty litely, no trip to Gitmo for him. Seems like Australians like to take the p**s out of US security, I was in Houston a while ago and some other Australian was convicted of making a threat to an airliner and got 5 years in prison.

Chappers

macrumors 68020
Aug 12, 2003
At home
A three-hour investigation of the suitcases, including blasting them with a water cannon, revealed nothing threatening, Gainer said.

This is more like the Keystone cops than the 21st century.

Dont Hurt Me

macrumors 603
Dec 21, 2002
Yahooville S.C.
Chappers said:
A three-hour investigation of the suitcases, including blasting them with a water cannon, revealed nothing threatening, Gainer said.

This is more like the Keystone cops than the 21st century.
The police state strikes again, did you guys see how hard this guy was tackled? they hit him so hard i thought his neck was going to break. Then to find out his luggage was just that luggage. Meanwhile Congress & the President are guilty of not defending the Constitution from the Mexico invasion. I would like to see all the Congress and the Pres get this same kind of tackle they gave this guy for doing nothing on millions of illegals every year. Discraceful is what our govt has become on both sides.

Mr. Anderson

Moderator emeritus
Nov 1, 2001
VA
pretty damn silly if you ask me - its almost as if he was testing to see what would happen...

what a nutter

D

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.