Copy and Paste problems

Discussion in 'Mac Basics and Help' started by mozthedog, Feb 15, 2011.

1. mozthedog macrumors newbie

not sure if this is the right place to ask this.....

I am running an Imac I5 27" and I have a problem copying and pasting from any form of text (Browser,docs) and pasting into let say ITune store search bar. It just won't do it. is this an ITune problem or an OS problem? This problem is not very new. I was trying to search for an Artist in the Store but do not have the ability to do a simple cut, copy and paste. Has anyone run across this glitch?????
    Thanks for any suggestions
    :(

2. mozthedog thread starter macrumors newbie

I have done so several times with no success. I have repaired permissions with the same results.

3. GGJstudios, Feb 15, 2011
    Last edited: Feb 15, 2011

GGJstudios macrumors Westmere

GGJstudios

You can't copy any text? Not from web pages, forums, TextEdit, etc.? How exactly are you trying to copy and paste?

I don't know if this will help, but take a look anyway:

Solution to: No Copy+Paste, Drag+Drop in Leopard due to ACLs

4. mozthedog thread starter macrumors newbie

highlight text>copy>paste
    normal procedure....
    I have no problem if I copy and paste in text edit from any source and save the doc. :(

5. GGJstudios macrumors Westmere

GGJstudios

You're not saying how you're copying and pasting. Are you using menus? Keyboard shortcuts? If the latter, what keys are you using?

6. neko girl macrumors 6502a

neko girl

Are you running Synergy or any sort of Clipboard helper application? Can you paste a screenshot of your menubar icons?

7. mozthedog thread starter macrumors newbie

I am using magic mouse and do not use any clipboard helper or Synergy

8. GGJstudios macrumors Westmere

GGJstudios

So you're right-clicking or Control-clicking and selecting Copy or Paste from the right-click menu?

9. mozthedog thread starter macrumors newbie

I have my mouse setup to give me right click menus and it works fine most of the time. I have just disabled the Magic Mouse preferences and used the menu controls and it worked from Text Edit

10. neko girl macrumors 6502a

neko girl

11. GGJstudios macrumors Westmere

GGJstudios

I definitely would NOT recommend that! It's not necessary to delete all preferences when you have a problem that is likely affected by only one .plist. It's rare that a problem would be affected by even two .plists.

12. mozthedog thread starter macrumors newbie

It seems that it works from the menu:Edit>copy> and paste into Itunes but not with the mouse....

13. mozthedog thread starter macrumors newbie

My Magic mouse preferences were not affected. I guess I was sitting on default settings for a while now My guess is that it's my mouse that is not working properly. It seems strange that it works from Text Edit ?????