Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

LIVEFRMNYC

macrumors G3
Oct 27, 2009
I use Copy-n-Paste very often and love how they implemented it. No other mobile OS does Copy-n-Paste as smoothly.

I rarely send any MMS. I mostly receive those crappy & sometimes explicit MMS from coworkers.

ineedamac

macrumors 6502
Jul 10, 2008
I use MMS once a month at best to send my daughter a picture since she does not have an iPhone or BB.

I use copy and paste several times a week. I like being able to use it to copy a picture and send it in an existing email. I also use copy and paste to send text from websites I am viewing...

nfl46

macrumors G3
Oct 5, 2008
C&P-Veryyyy often!
MMS - sometimes!

MMS is good to have. No more telling my friends to email me that picture from their non-smartphones.

FrankieTDouglas

macrumors 68000
Mar 10, 2005
I saw no reason to even get an iPhone until they implemented c&p, MMS, and video recording. And yes, I use all three, all the time.

If you enjoy typing things out by memory all of the time rather than using a computer standard for... 30 years? How long has copy and paste been around? Anyway, feel free to do things the hard way.

Perhaps, OP, you should understand that Apple cripples products upon release and some people will in fact call them on their ********. Deal with it.

Daremo

macrumors 68020
Jul 3, 2007
Chicago
I use copy and pastes every day, multiple times a day, and now I don't know how I used this phone without it. I use MMS at least 5 times a week, if not more. Basic features for most phones, and I'm happy they were finally implemented.

Zero times an hour.
Zero times a week.
Zero times a month.
Zero times a year.

But to make up for it... I have a girlfriend... who... you know... takes care of me. ;)

But seriously, every once in a GREAT while I come along to a situation where I would like to have had copy and paste, but I prefer 2.2.1 over 3.0 so it's only a minor inconvenience to me. It doesn't make me wanna upgrade.

Maybe you should make your signature something like "I use iPhone software 2.2.1 because I'm better than you." This way, you wouldn't have to go out of your way to mention it in every thread you post in. Also, I'm not sure most people here know you're running this software... Try to get the word out... :D

McBeats

macrumors 6502a
Apr 10, 2007
erf
not really often, maybe 2 times a week. though, its enough to be glad i have the feature :)

......btw if i had a 1st gen iphone, id still go os 3.0 for sure. to me, its all about the HORIZONTAL KEYBOARD... omg its great :)

TheSpaz

macrumors 604
Jun 20, 2005
I use copy and pastes every day, multiple times a day, and now I don't know how I used this phone without it. I use MMS at least 5 times a week, if not more. Basic features for most phones, and I'm happy they were finally implemented.

Maybe you should make your signature something like "I use iPhone software 2.2.1 because I'm better than you." This way, you wouldn't have to go out of your way to mention it in every thread you post in. Also, I'm not sure most people here know you're running this software... Try to get the word out... :D

No, I'm just better than YOU. I really don't give a crap about my iPhone anymore. It can die right now for all I care. I only use it because it still works. I'm just about finished buying mobile Apple products. I won't be getting an iPhone again and I won't be getting an iPad.

Apple is losing respect from me and it's sad but true. I will keep buying desktop computers from them though. They seem to have better flexibility.

thelatinist

macrumors 603
Aug 15, 2009
Connecticut, USA
I really don't give a crap about my iPhone anymore. It can die right now for all I care. I only use it because it still works. I'm just about finished buying mobile Apple products. I won't be getting an iPhone again and I won't be getting an iPad.

Then why do you continue to post on this forum?

Primejimbo

macrumors 68040
Aug 10, 2008
Around
I don't live in America and sending a MMS is a lot easier than that! :eek:

it's the same, and I can do it from a text message. When you type the persons name in the "to" box, select the email instead of the phone number, how hard is that?
To do it as an email from your phone, just select a pic > Email photo > type in who you want it too and send, and to MMS it's To do it as an email from your phone, just select a pic > MMS photo > type in who you want it too and send. It's the same amount of steps.

OllyW

Staff member
Oct 11, 2005
The Black Country, England
it's the same, and I can do it from a text message. When you type the persons name in the "to" box, select the email instead of the phone number, how hard is that?
To do it as an email from your phone, just select a pic > Email photo > type in who you want it too and send, and to MMS it's To do it as an email from your phone, just select a pic > MMS photo > type in who you want it too and send. It's the same amount of steps.

You've to to find out which network they are on and then fill out the phone number as an email. And I don't even know if it works in the UK anyway.

But it doesn't matter any more because it does MMS now so there's no need to faff about just to send a simple photo message. :)

Primejimbo

macrumors 68040
Aug 10, 2008
Around
You've to to find out which network they are on and then fill out the phone number as an email. And I don't even know if it works in the UK anyway.

But it doesn't matter any more because it does MMS now so there's no need to faff about just to send a simple photo message. :)

Once I got the info from my fiends (what network) it just goes in my contacts. It's more reliable then MMS also, I don't think it's ever failed and I find myself using it again now because of how unreliable MMS is. For fun you should see if it works in the UK, I don't see why it wouldn't. Does anyone else know if this would work in the UK?

OllyW

Staff member
Oct 11, 2005
The Black Country, England
Once I got the info from my fiends (what network) it just goes in my contacts. It's more reliable then MMS also, I don't think it's ever failed and I find myself using it again now because of how unreliable MMS is. For fun you should see if it works in the UK, I don't see why it wouldn't. Does anyone else know if this would work in the UK?

I've never had a MMS fail during the last 5 years so I don't know how you would get more reliable than that. :D

COBRASVT

macrumors 6502
Aug 26, 2008
Atlanta
I use MMS at least once a day as well as copy and paste when needed, but usually at least once a day as well.

NDimichino

macrumors 6502a
Jan 14, 2008
New Jersey
How often do you really use Cut, Copy and Paste? Once a month, Once a year....Every minute of your life.

I mean seriously, everyone complained about it so I want to see you use it all time. What about MMS, are you sending a billion pictures now?

pfft.

I copy/paste a handful of times per day. And now since I can send media, I do it at the drop of a hat.

For example, I just sent a picture of the back page of the NY Post from yesterday with Jets coach Rex Ryan giving the finger on it to all of my Jet fan friends.

yoppie

macrumors 6502a
Oct 19, 2007
I have a first gen. iPhone so I don't use MMS. I receive them on a daily basis but I mainly ignore them because I don't like the crazy process of checking them in a browser.

As for copy & paste, I'm glad Apple added that feature. I use c&p 4 or 5 times a week.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.